Thrikkakara Temple34 Votes Currently Open
- Address: University Road, Pukkattupady, Thrikkakara, Edappally, Ernakulam, Kerala 682021, Kochi, India Map
- Timings: 04:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-4846519867
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
Not far from Kochi, in the village of Thrikkakara, is an unusual temple. It is one of the very few in India to be dedicated to Lord Vamana. Thought to be around two thousand years old, it is said this temple is the origin of the Onam Festival celebrated in August and September. Indeed, it contains records of the earliest mention of the Onam festival, in 861 AD. The main idol here is of Maha Vishnu. There are other shrines in the temple complex, dedicated to the deities Shiva, Ganesha, Karthikeya and Durga.
How to Reach Thrikkakara Temple
- Drive to here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kochi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kochi and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Thrikkakara Temple Address: University Road, Pukkattupady, Thrikkakara, Edappally, Ernakulam, Kerala 682021, Kochi, India
- Thrikkakara Temple Contact Number: +91-4846519867
- Thrikkakara Temple Timing: 04:00 am - 08:00 pm
- Best time to visit Thrikkakara Temple(preferred time): 08:00 am - 10:00 am
- Time required to visit Thrikkakara Temple: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.43% of people who visit Kochi include Thrikkakara Temple in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
55.56% of people start their Thrikkakara Temple visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Thrikkakara Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Thrikkakara Temple
People normally club together Clirind Resorts Athirapally and St Sebastian Church while planning their visit to Thrikkakara Temple.