Mattancherry PalaceCurrently Open
- Address: Mattancherry, Kochi, Kerala 682002, India Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-4712321132
- Ticket Price: 5 INR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Palace, Family And Kids, Exhibition
A tour of the museum would feel like a walk through a story-book. Artifacts and exhibits, rearranged chronologically, tell the history of Cochin in an engaging way. Into its third phase of renovation, the Dutch Palace museum in Mattancherry has murals that have been pictographically explained. Once the abode of the Cochin Royal Family, it has preserved objects used by the members—clothes, jewellery and other items such as an ivory palanquin, royal umbrellas, howdah, coins, stamps and drawings. It also has a portrait gallery of the Cochin Rajas. The structure, believed to have been built by the Portuguese in early 16th century and modified by the Dutch in 1663, was restored and declared a centrally-protected monument in 1951 by the Archaeological Survey of India. It was established as a museum in 1985.
Mattancherry Palace Travel Tips
- Photography is not allowed.
Entrance Ticket Details For Mattancherry Palace
- Entry is free for childrens.
How to Reach Mattancherry Palace
- Nearest railway station: Ernakulam, about 10 km, Nearest Bus stop: Mattancherry bus stop
- Ayyappa’s pure veg restaurant
- Hotel New India
- Ginger House restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kochi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kochi and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Mattancherry Palace Address: Mattancherry, Kochi, Kerala 682002, India
- Mattancherry Palace Contact Number: +91-4712321132
- Mattancherry Palace Timing: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Mattancherry Palace Price: 5 INR
- Best time to visit Mattancherry Palace(preferred time): 10:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Mattancherry Palace: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
65.52% of people who visit Kochi include Mattancherry Palace in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
35.27% of people start their Mattancherry Palace visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Mattancherry Palace
75.57% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mattancherry Palace
People normally club together The Shri Krishna Cafe and Jew Town while planning their visit to Mattancherry Palace.