Vallarpadam ChurchCurrently Open [Closes at 06:30 pm]
- Address: Vallarpadam Church Rd, Vallarpadam, Ernakulam, Kerala 682504, India, Kochi
- Timings: 06:30 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Phone: +91-4842363952
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
Vallarpadam Church - Review
Built by the Portuguese in 1524, this church is dedicated to the Holy Mary of Vallarpadam, also known as 'Vallarapadath Amma'. The first church was destroyed by floods, so they built this one in 1676. Locals claim the patron saint of the church is responsible for saving the lives of her followers from storms. From September 16 to 24, the church's festival, the Feast of Vallarpadathamma, draws thousands of pilgrims, making it one of the most important Christian pilgrimage sites in India. It is a beautiful white building standing on a serene island. When you visit, ask the locals about the miracle of May 1752.
Vallarpadam Church Information
- Follow the rituals while entering the Church.
Vallarpadam Church Ticket Prices
- Entry is free.
Vallarpadam Church Hours
- Weekdays: 6:30 am, 5:30 pm
- Saturday: 6:00 am, 7:00 am, 9:30 am, 11:30 am, 4:00 pm
- Sunday: 5:45 am, 7:00 am, 9:00 am, 5:30 pm
How To reach Vallarpadam Church by Public Transport
- Vallarpadam Bus Stop.
- Drive to here or take a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kochi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kochi and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Vallarpadam Church
40.82% of people who visit Kochi include Vallarpadam Church in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
54.55% of people start their Vallarpadam Church visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Vallarpadam Church
93.65% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Vallarpadam Church