Berijam LakeCurrently Open
- Address: Palani Hills Forest Conservation Area, Tamil Nadu., Kodaikanal, India
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Scenic Drive, Lake, Nature
Berijam Lake - Review
The more serene and blessed cousin of the Kodai lake, Berijam will take your breath away with it’s sheer peace and quiet. This is the beauty of the lake; no boats, no crowds, no trash. Just pure magic. The ride to the lake is probably one of the most scenic drives in that part of the country. There are plenty of opportunities to get lost in thought and stare disbelievingly at this charming lake.
Berijam Lake Information
- You need official permission to enter the forest area, which your local travel agent should be able to arrange for you easily if you tell him before 2 PM the day before.
- Wear good shoes on this trip.
- This is a plastic free zone.
How To reach Berijam Lake by Public Transport
- You will have to hire a taxi or take your own car to this lake.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kodaikanal before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kodaikanal and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Berijam Lake
95% of people who visit Kodaikanal include Berijam Lake in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
20.04% of people start their Berijam Lake visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Berijam Lake
94.94% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Berijam Lake
Berijam Lake Map
Berijam Lake Trips
Berijam Lake, Kodaikanal Reviews
Very good for all ages. Way to the lake is really wonderful. God's magnificent majesty can be well appreciated
Must visit in Kodaikanal...peaceful and calm... Trip to this place will cover an awesome drive in the forest. This place is less crowded due to the limit in number of vehicles permitted in forest zone in a day. You will need special permission to use your vehicle inside this zone .. You can book a ride through local travelling agents, they will take you through mini bus or private car. Through mini bus you will get max of 1hr time and will cover few other points on the way..
Definitely not worth it. U have to walk for 1 km and at the end u get to see a dirty lake. There's nothing to see here.
This is a good place to visit with family. But, the approach is very bad. It takes a minimum of 3 hours to reach here om any day. There is only one road which is one way and badly managed. All tourist vehicles have to go through this road only. One needs to take permission from forest department for the vehicle. The forest office works from 8.30 to 5. The fee is Rs.50 per vehicle. Plastic is not allowed. But, neither police nor people show any responsibility. So, plastic is thrown everywhere. All vendors sell in plastic. There are toilets provided though very ugly. The local police try to earn on this cheaply. Rs.5 per person. The location is awesome. Worth spending 3 hours if you ignore all the problems mentioned above. There is no boating. It's just a scenic beauty.
Peaceful and calm lake but just a normal lake like any other in any other places. Scenery is good.
All QuestionsBerijam lake
- Chafariz Na Fragosela De Cima Em Viseu
- Fonte De Fragosela Em Viseu
- Pelourinho De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento Brasil Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Escultura Em Homenagem Ao Comendador José Nunes Martins Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca Do Outeiro Do Rato Em Carregal Do Sal
- Solar Dos Soares De Albergaria
- Casa Grande De Oliveira Do Conde Em Tondela
- Fonte De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Pelourinho De Alvarelhos Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca 1 Do Ameal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento à Independência De Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Penedo Da Víbora Em Carregal Do Sal
- Inscrições De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca De Santo Tisco Em Carregal Do Sal