Events and Festivals in Kodaikanal
- The Summer Festival: The festival finds its origin in the fact that initially Kodaikanal acted as a summer retreat for the American and the British settlers. Coming from that era, it is still celebrated with equal zeal and involvement in the month of May when the town is also at its best climate wise. The festivities at this one include boat races, flower exhibitions, and interesting fruit shows.
- Tea and Tourism Festival: Held in January every year, one can sample a number of varieties of tea and relish authentic south Indian delicacies.
- Pongal: Topping the charts is the very famous Pongal festival. This is one festival which is a hit among all the regions of the country. Like rest of the state of Tamil Nadu, Pongal in Kodaikanal is also celebrated with equal extravagance and grandeur in the month of harvest, i.e. January. This is the harvest festival of the region and hence holds a great place in everybody’s heart.
Trip plans for Kodaikanal
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Kodaikanal
Events & Festivals in Cities Near Kodaikanal
- Events & Festivals in Periyakulam
- Events & Festivals in Mannavanur
- Events & Festivals in Andipatti
- Events & Festivals in Palani
- Events & Festivals in Vattavada
- Events & Festivals in Allinagaram