The Kodaikanal lake will probably be the first thing you see in Kodaikanal. It is the heart of the town and pretty much every distance in kodaikanal is calculated in terms of the proximity to the lake. Even though it’s probably the most commercial sight in the town, the lake will not disappoint you.. A stroll around the lake will probably be one of the best walks of your life. If you really want to experience the beauty of the lake, take a boat ride over it. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Kodaikanal itinerary 2 days.
Kodaikanal Lake Travel Tips
- Be cautious that there are lot of dogs around this lake and some places are extremely dark in the evening.
- The lake is not ideal for swimming.
Entrance Ticket Details For Kodaikanal Lake
- Boating Rides: Rs 40/-
- For detailed rates refer the website.
Kodaikanal Lake Hours
- Boating Timings: 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
How to Reach Kodaikanal Lake
- You can either bicycle or rent a cab to reach this lake.
- The lake is very close to the Kodai bus stand.
- Dominos Pizza
- Aby’s Cafe
- Astoria Veg Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kodaikanal before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kodaikanal and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Kodaikanal include Kodaikanal Lake in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
71.3% of people start their Kodaikanal Lake visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Kodaikanal Lake
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kodaikanal Lake