Birla TempleCurrently Closed
- Address: 29, Ashutosh Chowdary Ave, Ballygunge, Opposite Ballygunge Post Office, Kolkata, West Bengal 700019 , India
- Timings: 05:30 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids, Architecture
Birla Temple - Review
Even if you are not a devotee of Radha Krishna, the Birla temple is a sanctuary of calm and peace. The Bhajans resonate positive vibrations in your ears and the hymns touch your spiritual chords. Architecturally too, the temple seems like a masterpiece made by highly skilled craftsmen. If crowds are any judge of the popularity of a temple, the Birla Temple is one of the most famous in Kolkata.
How To reach Birla Temple by Public Transport
- Tram no 25, 26, 26/17 to Ballygunge Post Office Railway Station.
- Bus AC-17, S-2B, S-19 to Ballygunge bus stop.
Restaurants Near Birla Temple
- The Dhaba
- Mainland China
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kolkata before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kolkata and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Birla Temple
95% of people who visit Kolkata include Birla Temple in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
59.44% of people start their Birla Temple visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Birla Temple
90.58% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Birla Temple
Birla Temple Map
Birla Temple Trips
Birla Temple, Kolkata Reviews
Birla Mandir is a peaceful place. It doesn’t take more than 10 minutes to enter and come out. Good to know: You will be asked to switch off your mobile phones while going inside. There is a separate counter to leave your footwear. We were asked to submit the umbrella which we were having in hand at the same footwear counter. Any handbags will be thoroughly checked by the security. We reached the temple around 4.20 PM and we had to wait for ten minutes for the temple to open (they re-open by 4.30 PM after closing in the noon)
Very good place but such strange timings. It never opens at 5am and strangely likewise never opens in the second half at 4pm. During active day hours it's closed when most of the visitors would like to come to the place. Anyways that is more for the management to think of.... Place is good and just like other Birla Mandirs
It is a popular tourist destination in Kolkata. I really liked the clean, well maintained temple and its premises. Apart from the religious fervour the temple exudes, it's a specimen of really wonderful architecture. To me, evening is the best time to visit the temple.
This temple is situated on the main side of the road. Very clean and maintained temple. Security guards are very active. You can definitely find peace here by spending time.
very nicely maintained temple. buddha is treated as one of the dashavatharas in this temple. very nice ambience and evening lighting is pleasing to the eye . a very good place to spend some time out with family. but no proper parking space. the road outside is very broad but parking is difficult. the adjacent street is used for parking. the meditation hall in the basement is well maintained and used for some discourses and musical concerts at times.
All QuestionsBirla temple
- Dom Katechetyczny
- Muzeum Im. A. Kłosińskiego
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Najdroższej Krwi Pana Jezusa
- Parafia Rzymsko-Katolicka P.w. Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka. Wikarówka
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Małgorzaty I Katarzyny
- Łukasz Błaszków
- Parafia Rzymsko-Katolicka Pw. Swiętej Małgorzaty I Świętej Katarzyny
- Dworzec Autobusowy
- Rejestracja Video Flisowski Stefan
- Urząd Miasta - Naczelnik Skierniewice
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Garnizonowa Wniebowzięcia NMP
- Miejski Ośrodek Kultury
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Jakuba Apostoła
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa