College StreetCurrently Open [Closes at 07:00 pm]
- Address: Bowbazar, Kolkata, West Bengal 700007, India
- Timings: 11:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Streets
About College Street, Kolkata
Popularly known as ‘Boi Para’, the College Street is a hot point for Kolkata’s readers and literature lovers. Home to the prime literary institutions of the city like University of Calcutta, Presidency College and such, this popular attraction is a charming place to come and spend some time in. The place was established around 18th century alongside the Hindu College to provide more strength to the education system the city. But today, it has become more than that! The market is literally a second home for book lovers and draws tourists from all over the world regularly. Coming here on any given day, you can see a range of makeshift book stalls selling nearly all kind of literature work, magazines, syllabus books and what not! Enthusiastic vendors, amiable people and like-minded crowd, this is what gives this place its edge.
College Street Information
- Go in the afternoon to avoid crowds.
College Street Ticket Prices
- Entry is free.
How To reach College Street by Public Transport
- Bus Station: College Street
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kolkata before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kolkata and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting College Street
61.93% of people who visit Kolkata include College Street in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
36.85% of people start their College Street visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see College Street
91.56% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting College Street
College Street Map
College Street Trips
College Street, Kolkata Reviews
All QuestionsCollege street
- Christ Community Church Of Laguna Hills
- Chicopee Memorial State Park
- Climbing Jacob's Ladder International Ministries Pastor Nick Edwards
- St Mary's Church Spirit Lake
- First Christian Church
- B Sakata Garo
- Eliam Baptist Church
- Friendship Alliance Church
- Isthmus Sailboard
- Paddleboard Specialists
- Fish Art
- Vertin's Gallery
- Honey Hill Hunting Preserve
- Annalisa Ewald Classical Guitar
- Greater Shiloh Baptist Church