Howrah Bridge, KolkataCurrently Open
- Address: Howrah Bridge, Fairley Place, Kolkata, West Bengal, India
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Landmark, View Point, Bridge
About Howrah Bridge, Kolkata
One of the oldest bridges in India, the Howrah Bridge is an architectural marvel. Also one of the busiest places in Kolkata, the Howrah Bridge endures a huge number of cars and trucks over it daily. Don’t expect to wait and gaze at this wonder for long as it is quite busy most times of the day. But do catch a glimpse of the bridge at night; lit up millions of little lights like a glittering piece of jewellery.
Howrah Bridge Information
- Technically, photography of Howrah bridge is prohibited.
How To reach Howrah Bridge by Public Transport
- Howrah bus depot is the closest bus stop to the bridge. The MG road metro station is the closest near the bridge.
Restaurants Near Howrah Bridge
- Shivam Hotel
- Omji’s restaurant
- The Howrah Hotel
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kolkata before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kolkata and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Howrah Bridge
95% of people who visit Kolkata include Howrah Bridge in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
45.11% of people start their Howrah Bridge visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Howrah Bridge
84.73% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Howrah Bridge