Jute Museum2 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 12, Regent Park, Composite Housing Estate, Regent Park, Kolkata, West Bengal 700040, India Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-3324212116
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Family And Kids, Specialty Museums
As the name suggests, this museum specifically deals with Jute and allied fabrics and functions under the guidance of Indian Council of Agricultural Research who ensures that all the information displayed here is up to date and authentic. The place was established in 1936 with a motto to provide more strength to the Jute industry by conducting various research, many of those findings are displayed here. While the place sees a lot of visitors every day, the majority of it consists of traders, researchers and people of the same field. The collection here includes items displaying the various facets of jute through charts, decorative products, and household things made of Jute. Brush up your knowledge on Jute and its history and spend some nice time understanding the different facets of its lifecycle.
How to Reach Jute Museum
- Subway Station- Netaji
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kolkata before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kolkata and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Jute Museum Address: 12, Regent Park, Composite Housing Estate, Regent Park, Kolkata, West Bengal 700040, India
- Jute Museum Contact Number: +91-3324212116
- Jute Museum Timing: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Best time to visit Jute Museum(preferred time): 10:00 am - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit Jute Museum: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.06% of people who visit Kolkata include Jute Museum in their plan
95% of people start their Jute Museum visit around 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Jute Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jute Museum
People normally club together Chintamoni Kar Bird Sanctuary and Metropolis Mall while planning their visit to Jute Museum.