Kalighat Kali Temple1357 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Anami Sangha, Kalighat, Kolkata, West Bengal 700026, India
- Timings: 05:00 am - 11:30 pm Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
Kolkata was named after this temple and chiefly because of this fact, hundreds of visitors are fascinated by this temple every day. A classic showcase of Kolkata itself, the temple is a heady mix of dirt, crowds and spirituality. Kalighat is a mad, smelly, dirty, wonderful, vibrant, crazy place that is really like the beating heart of this city of poets and dreamers. If you love Kolkata, you'll love Kalighat. Every year, goats and other harmless animals are sacrificed to please the mighty goddess Kali. Even when she is pleased, you are not forgiven the long wait to get a glimpse of the deity.
Kalighat Kali Temple Travel Tips
- Beware of touts.
- Maintain silence.
- Dress appropriately.
Entrance Ticket Details For Kalighat Kali Temple
- Entry is free but VIP (skip-the-line) access is paid.
Kalighat Kali Temple Hours
- Nitya Puja: 5.30 am - 7 am
- Bhog rag: 2.30 pm - 3.30 pm
- Sandhya arti: 6.30 pm - 7 pm
How to Reach Kalighat Kali Temple
- Tram no 29, bus no 5, 6, AC, E, M, NAB, S to stop Kalighat Tram Depot.
- The Bridge
- Food Station
- Bindaaas Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kolkata before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kolkata and book an accommodation of your choice.
40.96% of people who visit Kolkata include Kalighat Kali Temple in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
46.24% of people start their Kalighat Kali Temple visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Kalighat Kali Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kalighat Kali Temple