Lower Circular Road Cemetery2 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 184, Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose Road, Beniapukur, Kolkata, West Bengal 700017, India Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-3322847685
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Cemetery
The old cemetery is a living evidence of years long British rule and its prominence in India. At the time, the then known Calcutta had been the boiling point of its workings and has seen plenty of European Migration during that period. The cemetery is where many Europeans personnel (Employees of East India Company) were buried including Charles Freer Andrews and such. Being one of the oldest, the place undeniably has many stories to it and as you walk around the place reading the headstones, you get to have a peek in the past that only seems to fuel the intrigue. It was established in 1840 and still a functioning cemetery in Kolkata.
Entrance Ticket Details For Lower Circular Road Cemetery
- Entry is free.
How to Reach Lower Circular Road Cemetery
- By Light Rail: Mullick Bazar
- By Bus: Mullick Bazar
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kolkata before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kolkata and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Lower Circular Road Cemetery Address: 184, Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose Road, Beniapukur, Kolkata, West Bengal 700017, India
- Lower Circular Road Cemetery Contact Number: +91-3322847685
- Lower Circular Road Cemetery Timing: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Best time to visit Lower Circular Road Cemetery(preferred time): 11:00 am - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit Lower Circular Road Cemetery: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
Lower Circular Road Cemetery Reviews & Ratings
Can we click pictures there?Answer Report Abuse
I guess you are allowed to click pictures at the Lower Circular Road Cemetery. But, you will have to pay extra if you wish to carry a camera inside.Report Abuse