Mother HouseCurrently Closed
- Address: 54A, Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose Rd, Taltala, Kolkata, West Bengal, India
- Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-3322497115
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Tomb, Heritage Building
Mother House - Review
The Mother House in Kolkata is where Mother Teresa has been laid to rest and it also houses her room and its items. This place is just like Mother was; simple and pure. More than what you see, what you experience at this place will stay with you forever. You can experience a feeling of contentment and your hope in humanity is rekindled when you visit this ashram. You can just sit at Mother’s tomb and meditate and feel like she is with you at that moment. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Kolkata itinerary 5 days.
Mother House Information
- Maintain peace.
- Modest dressing is recommended.
- Switch-off the cell phones within the premises.
- Beware of beggars and touts, approach a sister of the house for guidance.
Mother House Opening and Closing Hours
- Closed on Easter Monday.
How To reach Mother House by Public Transport
- Buses to Bumboo Villa Dakghar.
- Tram no 20, 26, 26/17 to Pratt Memoral High school.
Restaurants Near Mother House
- Raunaa House
- Shahi Restaurant
- Green star fast food
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kolkata before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kolkata and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Mother House
95% of people who visit Kolkata include Mother House in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
36.43% of people start their Mother House visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Mother House
72.23% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mother House
Mother House Map
Mother House Trips
Mother House, Kolkata Reviews
The austerity of the place speaks volumes about the mother and the sisters still staying there. The place is spic and span and has a divine aura around it. The mother's room is still well maintained, so is her clothes and other belongings which are hardly anything. You also get an opportunity to view the Nobel award of the mother. Being a simple place, it is easy to miss from the main road, but you will be spot on if you follow the directions on google maps.
Very tranquil place. The few people we talked to were very kind. The energy of the space was calm and peaceful. Very glad to have visited here
Excellent exemple of humbleness and compassion. Spending two weeks helping along the sisters of charity in their centers was a great experience to break judgment, boundaries and understand the importance of human being above any issue or idea. I recommend to anyone, these are universal values.
We don't have any words to describe her work, only She can feel... And we can only feel when we do at least 1% of that... The feeling of giving is an emans Joy and it's priceless...
Being there was a moment of grace.... And since we had a priest along, we celebrated mass at the tomb. Surely feel blessed. 🙏👼🙏
All QuestionsMother house
- Dom Katechetyczny
- Muzeum Im. A. Kłosińskiego
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Najdroższej Krwi Pana Jezusa
- Parafia Rzymsko-Katolicka P.w. Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka. Wikarówka
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Małgorzaty I Katarzyny
- Łukasz Błaszków
- Parafia Rzymsko-Katolicka Pw. Swiętej Małgorzaty I Świętej Katarzyny
- Dworzec Autobusowy
- Rejestracja Video Flisowski Stefan
- Urząd Miasta - Naczelnik Skierniewice
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Garnizonowa Wniebowzięcia NMP
- Miejski Ośrodek Kultury
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Jakuba Apostoła
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa