Mother House1492 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 54A, Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose Rd, Taltala, Kolkata, West Bengal, India
- Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-3322497115
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Tomb, Heritage Building
The Mother House in Kolkata is where Mother Teresa has been laid to rest and it also houses her room and its items. This place is just like Mother was; simple and pure. More than what you see, what you experience at this place will stay with you forever. You can experience a feeling of contentment and your hope in humanity is rekindled when you visit this ashram. You can just sit at Mother’s tomb and meditate and feel like she is with you at that moment. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Kolkata itinerary 5 days.
Mother House Travel Tips
- Maintain peace.
- Modest dressing is recommended.
- Switch-off the cell phones within the premises.
- Beware of beggars and touts, approach a sister of the house for guidance.
Mother House Hours
- Closed on Easter Monday.
How to Reach Mother House
- Buses to Bumboo Villa Dakghar.
- Tram no 20, 26, 26/17 to Pratt Memoral High school.
- Raunaa House
- Shahi Restaurant
- Green star fast food
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kolkata before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kolkata and book an accommodation of your choice.
55.24% of people who visit Kolkata include Mother House in their plan
07 AM - 08 AM
41.51% of people start their Mother House visit around 07 AM - 08 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Mother House
73.33% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mother House