South Park Street CemeteryCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: 184, Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose Road, Park Street area, Kolkata, West Bengal 700017, India
- Timings: 11:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Cemetery, Family And Kids
South Park Street Cemetery - Review
The Park Street Cemetery was one of the earliest non-church cemeteries in the world, and probably the largest Christian cemetery outside Europe and America in the 19th century. Opened in 1767 on what was previously a marshy area, the cemetery was in use until about 1830 and is now a heritage site, protected by the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI). A quaint place to sit and chat, the cemetery offers nature and peace at its quietest. You can stroll around and see tombs dating hundreds of years back and wonder how the lives of these people must have been.
South Park Street Cemetery Information
- Do not cause harm to the tombs.
- Do not litter.
How To reach South Park Street Cemetery by Public Transport
- C-26, E-26, S-13, S-24N to Mullick Bazar bus stop.
Restaurants Near South Park Street Cemetery
- Dawaat E Shiraz
- Shiraz Golden Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kolkata before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kolkata and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting South Park Street Cemetery
95% of people who visit Kolkata include South Park Street Cemetery in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
44.84% of people start their South Park Street Cemetery visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see South Park Street Cemetery
91.41% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting South Park Street Cemetery
South Park Street Cemetery Map
South Park Street Cemetery Trips
South Park Street Cemetery, Kolkata Reviews
Very beautiful, peaceful place for a quick visit. Tombs of many famous persons are here. There are rumors that this is one of the haunted place. Coludy or rainy season is ideal to visit here, but you have to take steps carefully as it's a little bit slippery. It closes at 5pm. Entry fee is Rs 20/-.
One of the most beautiful places of Kolkata, u must visit here once to experience peace with a bit of fear. Their rumors that the place is haunted, as any other cemetery are. But the thrilling experience you gather here is awesome. The entry was free till last year, but it is 20/-head as now
The holy lanes between those graves are so much full of life that you will surely long for to walk again through them. The epitaphs, mausoleums are elements that marks the remains of an age left long behind and so the people. It also eloquently reminds us that we are so much alive in our blood and flesh and we must make it worthwhile to the fullest before going down that place where they now reside. It's a 'heavenly' place. If you want to enjoy solitude, just go alone or else take the dearest one with you and don't forget to mop-in every drop of truth, beauty and tranquility there.
One of the Haunted places in Kolkata which comes under top 10 Haunted places in Kolkata... Do Visit alone if you want to experience the smell of "Real Haunting"!
Best place for peace. A historical place for burying. It is a graveyard! Don't be afraid to explore the place, its mesmersing and beautifully ruined. The cemetery has lots of greenery all round, quiet empty spaces to sit and have a chat, good for photography too. A must visit place for explorers.
All QuestionsSouth park street cemetery
- Chafariz Na Fragosela De Cima Em Viseu
- Fonte De Fragosela Em Viseu
- Pelourinho De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento Brasil Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Escultura Em Homenagem Ao Comendador José Nunes Martins Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca Do Outeiro Do Rato Em Carregal Do Sal
- Solar Dos Soares De Albergaria
- Casa Grande De Oliveira Do Conde Em Tondela
- Fonte De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Pelourinho De Alvarelhos Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca 1 Do Ameal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento à Independência De Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Penedo Da Víbora Em Carregal Do Sal
- Inscrições De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca De Santo Tisco Em Carregal Do Sal