Sundarban National ParkCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Dayapur, Gosaba, West Bengal 743370, Kolkata, India
- Timings: 09:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-9007995888
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Forest, Wildlife Park, Nature, Unesco Site
The Sundarbans contain the world's largest mangrove forests and one of the most biologically productive of all natural ecosystems. Located at the mouth of the Ganges and Brahmaputra Rivers between India and Bangladesh, its forest and waterways support a wide range of fauna including a number of species threatened with extinction. The mangrove habitat supports the single largest population of tigers in the world which have adapted to an almost amphibious life, being capable of swimming for long distances and feeding on fish, crab and water monitor lizards. A UNESCO World Heritage site, a visit to this park is truly life-altering because of your close encounter with wilderness.
- For better sighting, Visit during off peak days (weekdays, off holiday days).
- Don’t make unnecessary noise while here.
- The Sundarbans is only accessible by boat.
- It is best to hire a tour operator if you want to visit the Sunderbans hassle free. Else, a number of boat permits and travel connections are required.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kolkata before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kolkata and book an accommodation of your choice.
16.36% of people who visit Kolkata include Sundarban National Park in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
72.73% of people start their Sundarban National Park visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Sundarban National Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sundarban National Park