Tagore's HouseCurrently Open
- Address: 6/4, Dwarakanath Tagore Lane, Jorasanko, Kolkata 700007, India Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-3322695242
- Ticket Price: 10 INR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Landmark, Specialty Museums, Heritage Building
The Tagore House can be considered as the storehouse of memoirs of Rabindranath Tagore consisting of his original paintings, photographs and other valuable documents which our country is proud of. An enchanting link with the past through a harmonic blend of light and sound which mainly depicts the story of coming of the Tagore’s to this house, their glorious role in Bengal Renaissance and finally the most eventful life of Poet. There’s also a decent gallery of paintings by his family and contemporaries, and an exhibition on his links with Japan. The 1930 photo of Tagore taken with Einstein is oddly hysterical yet intriguing.
Entrance Ticket Details For Tagore's House
- Students: Rupees 5
How to Reach Tagore's House
- Mahajati Sadan bus stop and Ritas bus stop are the closest to the Rabindra Bharati University. Alight at the Girish Park Metro station for Tagore House.
- Kolkata Chat Centre
- Omji’s restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kolkata before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kolkata and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Tagore's House Address: 6/4, Dwarakanath Tagore Lane, Jorasanko, Kolkata 700007, India
- Tagore's House Contact Number: +91-3322695242
- Tagore's House Timing: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Tagore's House Price: 10 INR
- Time required to visit Tagore's House: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
22.12% of people who visit Kolkata include Tagore's House in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
49.6% of people start their Tagore's House visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Tagore's House
83.67% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Tagore's House
People normally club together Howrah Bridge and St. Paul's Cathedral while planning their visit to Tagore's House.