The Victoria memorial is a glorious reminder of India’s colonial past and it’s present obsession of all things western. Even so, it has assimilated well in Kolkata’s mind and soul; it is now also part of their pride. A gorgeous marble building houses a museum and various exhibitions that enlighten the visitor with Kolkata’s colonial history. The statues of King George V and Queen Victoria are stately and frankly a bit out of place in this era where Victoria memorial has become more about Kolkata than a tribute to the Queen.
A beautiful monument of Colonial Era that still adorns a part of Kolkata and serves as an interesting tourist attraction. While The Victoria Memorial Ticket Prices varies for locals and foreigners, The Victoria Memorial Ticket Cost remain same for all. Don’t forget to visit the museum while you are at it. The entry to museum is free with The Victoria Memorial Tickets. Buy Tickets for The Victoria Memorial and spend some nice time indulging in the remnants of the past. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Kolkata itinerary 5 days.
The Victoria Memorial Travel Tips
- Photography is not allowed.
- Food and drinks are not allowed.
- Wheelchair access is available.
Entrance Ticket Details For The Victoria Memorial
- Indians: INR 20
- Free for school children up to Class XII in uniform and Army personnel in uniform.
- Garden ticket: INR 10
- Light and sound show ticket: INR 10 and INR 20
The Victoria Memorial Hours
Light and Sound show:
- October to February: 6.15 pm to 7.00 pm(Bengali), 7.15 pm to 8.00 pm (English)
- March to June: 6.45 pm to 7.30 pm (Bengali), 7.45 pm to 8.30 pm (English)
- March to September: 5.30 am to 6.15 pm
- October to February: 5.45 am to 5.30 pm
- Gardens are open all days.
How to Reach The Victoria Memorial
- Light rail to Rabindra Sadan.
- Metro Kavi Subhash: Noapara to Rabindra Sadan
- Bus no: AC-12, AC-20, AC-44, C-11, C-20, E-7/1, S-39A, S-45 to Exide stop
- Marco Polo in China
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kolkata before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kolkata and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Kolkata include The Victoria Memorial in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
67.48% of people start their The Victoria Memorial visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see The Victoria Memorial
94.75% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Victoria Memorial