Tangasseri LighthouseCurrently Closed
- Address: Thangassery Light House, Thangasherry East, Thangassery, Kerala 691007 , Kollam, India
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-4712321132
- Ticket Price: 10 INR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Light House, Family And Kids, Architecture
Tangasseri Lighthouse - Review
The Tangasseri Lighthouse or Thangassery as it is locally called is the tallest lighthouse on the Kerala coast standing at 135 feet. It was built in 1902 and is easily one of the most picturesque locations in the region and sees a lot of travelers. The Light house is quite famed for its iconic red and white color oblique bands. The spiraling staircase looks very majestic and is fun to climb onto. The mesmerizing view from the top though more than makes up for the effort of climbing up the stairs for sure.
Tangasseri Lighthouse Ticket Prices
- Given prices are for Adults.
- Adults: 10 INR
- Children: 3 INR
- Charges applicable for camera.
How To reach Tangasseri Lighthouse by Public Transport
- You can explore the area on foot.
- You can also book a taxi near the area and walk to the destination.
- Buses from New Bus Station Tangassery can be taken.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kollam before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kollam and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Tangasseri Lighthouse
95% of people who visit Kollam include Tangasseri Lighthouse in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
45.69% of people start their Tangasseri Lighthouse visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Tangasseri Lighthouse
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Tangasseri Lighthouse