Chandrabhaga Sea BeachCurrently Open
- Address: Konark, Puri, Orissa, 752111, India Map
- Timings: 12:00 pm - 11:45 pm Details
- Phone: +91-6758236821
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Beach, View Point, Family And Kids
Chandrabhaga is a beautiful sea beach that ranks next after the main Puri Beach in Orissa. It is very close to Konark Sun Temple and so it makes it very convenient for the tourists. The beach is famous for its beautiful sunset view. This beach has a lot of mythological significance as well. It is said that the water from this beach had healed Lord Krishna’s son Sambhu who was suffering from leprosy.
There is another mythological tale from where we get to know about the history behind the name of the beach. It is said that the Sun God himself fell in love with Sage Chandrabhaga’s daughter. The sage in turn did not surrender to him and ran for his daughter’s chastity and like this on the run the girl was scared and jumped into the water to save herself. From then onwards this beach is called Chandrabhaga.
Apart from all its mythological significance, this place has been the inspiration for many a poet. This beach has some kind of magic in its ambience that gives you immense peace and solace. Some time spent here will completely purify your heart and soul.
Chandrabhaga Sea Beach Travel Tips
- You can also contact on +91 6742432177.
- The beach is a fantastic picnic spot.
- Do not forget to get some photographs clicked here.
How to Reach Chandrabhaga Sea Beach
- The nearest railway station is the Bhubaneshwar Junction.
- The nearest airport is the Biju Patnaik Airport.
- Kamat Restaurant
- Santoshi Restaurant
- Geetanjali Restaurant
- Sun Temple Restaurant
- Santi Restaurant
- Deluxe Restaurant
- Baba Sweet Shop
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Konark before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Konark and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Chandrabhaga Sea Beach Address: Konark, Puri, Orissa, 752111, India
- Chandrabhaga Sea Beach Contact Number: +91-6758236821
- Chandrabhaga Sea Beach Timing: 12:00 pm - 11:45 pm
- Best time to visit Chandrabhaga Sea Beach(preferred time): 03:00 pm - 08:00 pm
- Time required to visit Chandrabhaga Sea Beach: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
95% of people who visit Konark include Chandrabhaga Sea Beach in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
80.49% of people start their Chandrabhaga Sea Beach visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Chandrabhaga Sea Beach
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Chandrabhaga Sea Beach
People normally club together Archaeological Survey Of India Museum and Ramchandi while planning their visit to Chandrabhaga Sea Beach.