Muenster Unserer Lieben Frau, Konstanz
About Muenster Unserer Lieben Frau, Konstanz
Muenster Unserer Lieben Frau, Konstanz - Address, Phone Number
Address: Munsterpl. 1, 78462 Konstanz, Germany
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 3.1K times in trip plans
Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Cathedral
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
There is mention of a church in Konstanz since the 7th century. The splendid Romanesque-Gothic building you see today was began construction in the 11th century, but it took a long time to complete. Its final look was achieved as recently as 1860, when the neo-Gothic tower was raised. Its highlights are:
- The Crypt, which contains some ancient treasures.
- The Mauritius Rotunda – Check out the Gothic and Renaissance murals. A replica of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem was once an important pilgrimage point.
- The 13th-15th century cloisters.
- Konrad Chapel – The Crucifixion altar of Bishop Hugo von Hohenlandenberg.
- The beautiful sculptures of the Welser Chapel.
- Westwerk: Renaissance organ
The cathedral is the tallest building in Old Town. You can climb the cathedral tower for a fee – it’s 52 metres high, and the views of Old Town from the top are fantastic.
There is a culture centre here that organises various events. Check it out online.
Muenster Unserer Lieben Frau Information
- The tower climb is tiring.
- EUR 2 to climb the cathedral tower.
How To reach Muenster Unserer Lieben Frau by Public Transport
- Buses 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 13, 12 stop Konzilstr / Theater, Konstanz
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Konstanz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Konstanz and book an accommodation of your choice.
Muenster Unserer Lieben Frau, Konstanz Reviews - Write a Review
Beautiful catholic church. Must see when in Konstanz. If you want to run away from the busy world for a moment than go inside. Inside you will find peace and quiet place surrounded by amazing pieces of history.
One of the historic places in the old city center. There is the possibility to go to the "roof" for a great view of the city and of the lake.
The Münster is one of the most important places to go to if you visit the city of constanz. You can to onto the roof and enjoy one of the nicest views over the city and the Lake but also dive deep into the history starting in the ancient times, an roman Castle onto witch the church was built on later, and one of the most importent events for the City the Konzil. There is a lot more to find and to discover just find out for yourself.
So soothing and engrossing, you plunge into the atmosphere of calm and clear lifestyle
Cute little church. The statue of Mary near the main altar is especially interesting, as she appears to be pregnant, but has baby Jesus sitting on her lap!
- Nearby Attractions
- Schloss Mainau
- Universitaet Konstanz
- Konstanz Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Konstanz
- What to See in 48 Hours in Konstanz
- What to See in 72 Hours in Konstanz
- How to Spend 5 Days in Konstanz
- How to Spend 6 Days in Konstanz
- How to Spend 7 Days in Konstanz