Muenster Unserer Lieben Frau465 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Munsterpl. 1, 78462 Konstanz, Germany
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +49-753190620
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Cathedral
There is mention of a church in Konstanz since the 7th century. The splendid Romanesque-Gothic building you see today was began construction in the 11th century, but it took a long time to complete. Its final look was achieved as recently as 1860, when the neo-Gothic tower was raised. Its highlights are:
- The Crypt, which contains some ancient treasures.
- The Mauritius Rotunda – Check out the Gothic and Renaissance murals. A replica of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem was once an important pilgrimage point.
- The 13th-15th century cloisters.
- Konrad Chapel – The Crucifixion altar of Bishop Hugo von Hohenlandenberg.
- The beautiful sculptures of the Welser Chapel.
- Westwerk: Renaissance organ
The cathedral is the tallest building in Old Town. You can climb the cathedral tower for a fee – it’s 52 metres high, and the views of Old Town from the top are fantastic.
There is a culture centre here that organises various events. Check it out online.
Muenster Unserer Lieben Frau Travel Tips
- The tower climb is tiring.
- EUR 2 to climb the cathedral tower.
How to Reach Muenster Unserer Lieben Frau
- Buses 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 13, 12 stop Konzilstr / Theater, Konstanz
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Konstanz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Konstanz and book an accommodation of your choice.
59.92% of people who visit Konstanz include Muenster Unserer Lieben Frau in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
41.13% of people start their Muenster Unserer Lieben Frau visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Muenster Unserer Lieben Frau
68.84% of people prefer walking in order to reach Muenster Unserer Lieben Frau