Ince Minaret Medrese470 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Hamidiye Mah. Alaaddin Bulv. No: 15 Meram Merkez, Meram, Konya, Turkey Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Landmark, Historical Site, Architecture
This landmark structure was built in late 13th century by Anatolian Seljuk Sultanate vizier Sahib Ata Fahreddin Ali who later also founded the Anatolian beylik ofSahib Ata. The minaret was originally taller and slender than the structure that stands today.
The minaret is made up of ornamented stone facade which includes intricate designs of scripts and geometric patterns along with ribbon-shaped lines which give it a distinct character. At the entrance, you can observe Thuluth which depicts Sura 36 and 110 from Holy Quran.
The minaret was damaged in a lightning strike in 1901 and was restored years later by the Turkish government. The building now houses the Stone and wood streaks museum which has collections from Seljuk and Ottoman period.
Ince Minaret Medrese Travel Tips
- Modest dressing is recommended, especially for women. Wear a head scarf at all times.
How to Reach Ince Minaret Medrese
- Istanbul pastanesi
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Konya before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Konya and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Ince Minaret Medrese Address: Hamidiye Mah. Alaaddin Bulv. No: 15 Meram Merkez, Meram, Konya, Turkey
- Ince Minaret Medrese Timing: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Best time to visit Ince Minaret Medrese(preferred time): 01:00 pm - 03:00 pm
- Time required to visit Ince Minaret Medrese: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
58.02% of people who visit Konya include Ince Minaret Medrese in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
65.79% of people start their Ince Minaret Medrese visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Ince Minaret Medrese
94.67% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ince Minaret Medrese
People normally club together Alaeddin Hill and Mevlana Museum while planning their visit to Ince Minaret Medrese.