Are you looking for what to do in Konya?
PLACES TO SEE
- Mevlana Museum: A beautiful museum dedicated to Jalal-ad-Din Muhammad Rumi, a well known Persian Sufi mystic, a poet and philosopher well known as Mevlana Rumi.
- Iplikci Mosque: A 13th century mosque presenting classic Seljuk style of architecture.
- Sille: A pretty neighbourhood with a history of over 5000 years depicting an amalgamation of Greek and Islamic cultures in Turkey.
- Alaeddin hill: A beautiful park and a contemporary mosque on a man-made hill.
- Sems-i Tebrizi Tomb & Mosque: Dedicated to Semsi Tebrizii - A friend, companion and guide of Mevlana Rumi, this mosque was originally used as a tekke or dervish hall.
- Konya archaeological Museum: A petite museum displaying the collection of artefacts from Roman, Byzantine and Seljuk influence on Konya.
- Ince minare Museum: A landmark built in late 13th century by Anatolian Seljuk Sultanate vizier Sahib Ata Fahreddin Ali who later also founded the Anatolian beylik of Sahib Ata.
- Caravanserai: An ancient hotel or an inn which was located on the historical silk route, the Caravanserai that stands today is the well-maintained ruins of what was a landmark in the past.
- Karatay Medresesi Museum: A ceramic museum displaying a remarkable collection of faience which is an art of fine tin-glazed pottery. One of finest Konya tourist attractions.
THINGS TO DO
- Visit the Japon Parki- A city park which was built to mark the friendship between Kyoto in Japan and Konya.
- Take a walk at the legendary Zafer Street.
- Attend the Sema, a Whirling Dervish ceremony at the Mevlana cultural centre.
- Go shopping at one of the malls or the Fuar- A local fun fair.
- Try the traditional Mevlana candy which has a distinct mint flavour.
Below we have a list of things to do in Konya and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Konya getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Konya with confidence.