Events and Festivals in Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
Events and Festivals in Kota Kinabalu
List of Upcoming events in Kota Kinabalu, 2017
Events and Concerts occurring in Kota Kinabalu - September, 2017:
1. Borneo International Orchid Show – BIOS
Date-Time : Friday, 22 September, 2017 to Sunday, 24 September, 2017
Contact No. : +60 10 931 5123
Venue : Perdana Park, Sabah, Malaysia.
2. World Pharmacists Day 10K Run 2017 (Sabah)
Date-Time : Sunday, 24 September, 2017, 6AM - 10AM.
Venue : Likas Sports Complex, Kota Kinabalu.
3. Malaysia Day
Date : Saturday, 16 September, 2017.
Venue : Kotakinabalu.
4. Kota Kinabalu Business Workshop : The Unbeatable Business Model
Date-Time : Sunday, 3 September, 2017, From 6:30PM to 10:00PM
Venue : Eminent Hotel, Jalan Pintas Taman Masjaya, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah 88200 Malaysia
5. YouTube Monetization Workshop
Date-Time : Wednesday, 20 September, 2017, 7:00PM – 10:00PM Malaysia Time
Venue : AppsFlex SmartSpace Centre Lot D27, Block D, 2nd Floor, Donggongon Square Penampang Kota Kinabalu, Sabah 88500 Malaysia
6. Technical Theatre Essentials Workshop
Date-Time : Thusday, 14 September, 2017, 10:00AM – 4:30PM
Venue : Blackbox KK, 8th Floor, Suria Sabah Shopping Mall 1, Jalan Tun Fuad Stephens Kota Kinabalu, Sabah 88000 Malaysia.
Events and Concerts occurring in Kota Kinabalu - October, 2017:
1. Mt. Kinabalu International Climbathon
Date-Time : Sunday, 15 October 2017, From 08:00 to 20:00
Contact No. : +60 88 232 121
Venue : Kinabalu Park, Kundasang, Sabah, Malaysia
Check out more events and festivals happening all around the year in Kota Kinabalu City :
- Chinese New Year: Every year in the month of January-February, the Chinese celebrate their New Year in Malaysia by lighting up the streets, decorating their homes with lanterns, arranging cultural programmes in city halls and setting up stalls to sell goodies and Chinese delicacies.
- Sabah Festival: Held in month of May, this festival celebrates individual language, traditions, arts and crafts, and way of living of Sabah ethnic groups.
- Pesta Kaamatan: During this festival, which takes place during first week of May, the Magavau ritual is conducted to invite the spirit of Bambaazon to the Pesta. This ritual is performed only by the high priestess as without the spirit of Bambaazon the festival cannot go on further.
- Hari Raya Aidil Fitri: Muslims celebrate the end of Ramadan month in August and the beginning of Islamic New Year, by praying at mosques and arranging small get together at friend and relative's places.
- Kinabalu International Climbathon: Held in mid October, this event organizes competitions amongst hikers to climb Mt. Kinabalu's peak point.
- Deepawali: In October or November, the whole of Malaysia celebrates this Hindu Festival to honour the victory of good over evil. People celebrate this victory by lighting small earthen lamps, decorating their houses with rangolis and hanging lanterns in front of their homes.
Trip plans for Kota Kinabalu
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Kota Kinabalu
263 Views2 Days 1 NightBest places in Kota Kinabalu you Must see in 2 DayBy: Andrew Scrivener
Kota Kinabalu Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Kota Kinabalu
Kinabalu Park & Poring Hot Spring Tour New on TripHobo
Duration: 11 Hrs
Kinabalu Park & Poring Hot Spring tour will bring you to the location of Kundasang area which is around a two hour drive ...Book Now
Tambunan Quad Biking & Village Day Tour New on TripHobo
Duration: 1 Days
There is nothing quite like the adrenaline experience of quad biking in for your holiday in Sabah Borneo. Whats more, it will...Book Now
Kinabalu National Park Tour From Kota Kinabalu New on TripHobo
Duration: 8 Hrs
Depart from the city hotel. The journey to Kinabalu Park takes about 1 hours drive through scenic countryside and beautiful m...Book Now
Private Half Day Monsopiad Cultural Village Tour New on TripHobo
Duration: 3 Hrs
Join this private tour to exploreMonsopiad Cultural Village. Nestled besides the Penampang River are the many traditional bui...Book Now
- Events & Festivals in Kota Kinabalu International Airport
- Events & Festivals in Putatan
- Events & Festivals in Jalan Kuala
- Events & Festivals in Kundasang
- Events & Festivals in Membakut
- Events & Festivals in Beaufort
- Events & Festivals in Kampong Mantanani
- Events & Festivals in Sipitang
- Events & Festivals in Kota Kinabatangan
- Events & Festivals in Kuala Lumpur
- Events & Festivals in Penang Hill
- Events & Festivals in Johor Bahru
- Events & Festivals in Melaka
- Events & Festivals in Ipoh
- Events & Festivals in Cameron Highlands