How to Reach Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
The Easiest Way to Reach Kota Kinabalu
HOW TO GET TO KOTA KINABALU
- By Air: Kota Kinabalu is connected to the rest of the world through its International Airport which is also Malaysia’s second busiest airport and the main gateway to Sabah. Since this airport is located 7kms away from the KK city centre, you will have to hire a taxi or board a bus to reach there.
- By Sea: The only regular access to Kota Kinabalu by sea is from Labuan. Ferries from Labuan dock at Jesselton Point Ferry Terminal which is located on the northern edge of the city centre.
- By Bus: There are two long-distance bus terminals in KK that link the city to the other cities in Malaysia.
- South Bus Terminal is across the road from City Park Bus Terminal and serves destinations south of Kota Kinabalu, Beaufort, Sipitang and Lawas.
- North Bus Terminal is in Inanam, 10 km to the northeast of the city centre. This terminal serves buses going north and east of Kota Kinabalu, including Mount Kinabalu, Sandakan, Semporna and Tawau.
HOW TO GET AROUND KOTA KINABALU
- By Minivians: The best way to roam around Kota Kinabalu is to board the Minivians that operate from several stops, including Padang Merdeka Bus Station and the car park outside Milimewa Superstore. They circulate the town looking for passengers.
- By Foot: Since most of the destinations in the city are within walking distance, Kota Kinabalu can be easily explored on foot. Certainly one of those options that can help you burn the extra calories as well!
- By Taxi: You can also roam around the city on taxis that can be found throughout the city and at all bus stations and shopping centres.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Kota Kinabalu and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Kota Kinabalu
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Kota Kinabalu. The most preferred mode of transport in Kota Kinabalu is Car.
Average distance: 9.5 km Average time: 30.25 min
Car 100%Driving 30 min Walking 0.25 min Overall average time for 9.5 kms 30.25 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Kota Kinabalu
- How to reach Kundasang
- How to reach Sipitang
- How to reach Labuan
- How to reach Limbang
- How to reach Ba'kelalan
- How to reach Bareo
- How to reach Marudi
- How to reach Kota Marudu
- How to reach Papar
- How to Reach Top Cities in Malaysia
- How to reach Kuala Lumpur
- How to reach Penang Hill
- How to reach Johor Bahru
- How to reach Melaka
- How to reach Ipoh
- How to reach Cameron Highlands
- How to reach Kuching
- How to reach Miri
- How to reach Bentong
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Vërnicë
- How to reach Port Louis
- How to reach Tiruchirappalli