Manukan Island2765 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Malaysia, Kota Kinabalu
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: 3 MYR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Island, Family And Kids
Located near Kota Kinabalu, Manukan Island is one of the most famous and most frequented islands by domestic and international tourists. To reach here, you just need to take a 15-minutes boat ride from Kota Kinabalu City. With its long stretch of white sandy beach and tranquil waters, the island is a must visit as a day trip in your itinerary of Kota Kinabalu. The water is so calm and shallow that it’s also suitable for non-swimmers. Families feel safe to let their kids playing in the water. This island is also the second largest island of Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park.
Some of the facilities available on this island are:
- Shower room
- Water sport activities- this island is best for its snorkeling opportunities. The Best Snorkelling Location is in deeper water at the left of the jetty (when you face Manukan Island) and far away from “tourist beach.”
- Souvenir shop
Unlike the other islands, you need to purchase ticket (which they call Conservation Fee) to enter the island.
Manukan Island Travel Tips
- Must be visited in day time to enjoy all the attractions.
- You can go to Manukan empty-handed (must bring cash!) and buy your things such as food, sunscreen and beachwear on the island. But please be informed nothing is cheap on the island.
- You can rent the snorkelling gears easily on Manukan or boat terminal on mainland. It’s ok if you don’t know how to swim, just wear a life jacket.
- If you wish to stay on this island overnight then Manukan Island Resort is the only accommodation on Manukan and they have about 20 units of single and double storey chalets.
Entrance Ticket Details For Manukan Island
- Below 18: RM3
- Senior Citizen: RM1
- Students(below 16): RM0.50
How to Reach Manukan Island
- By Ferry from Kota Kinabalu
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kota Kinabalu before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kota Kinabalu and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Kota Kinabalu include Manukan Island in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
40% of people start their Manukan Island visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Manukan Island
90.61% of people prefer walking in order to reach Manukan Island