Mount Kinabalu, Kota Kinabalu
About Mount Kinabalu, Kota Kinabalu
Mount Kinabalu, Kota Kinabalu - Address, Ticket Price
Address: Kinabalu National Park, Malaysia
Ticket Price: 3 MYR
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
Added 15.1K times in trip plans
Mountain, View Point, Family And Kids, Hill
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Climb up to this highest mountain between the Himalayas and the island of New Guinea. In the Malaysian language, this mountain is called as Gunung Kinabalu and is quite unlike any other on earth as it rises almost twice as high of its Crocker Range neighbors. While hiking towards its peak you shall come across several fine walking trails in the rainforest at the base of the mountain where the climate is agreeably cool than the coastal base. Even though you might not wish to climb the mountain, you can admire its beauty from most of the parts of Sabah, Kota Kinabalu and the islands of Tunku Abdul Rahman National Park.
Mount Kinabalu Information
- The majority of visitors to the Park do not climb all the way to the peak. For those with limited time or energy, there are gardens and many short walks through the jungle to enjoy in the vicinity of the entrance. A mud map is available at the Park entrance and sign posts guide you.
- No camping is allowed on the mountain. All visitors must stay in approved lodgings within the park and at Laban Rata.
Mount Kinabalu Ticket Prices
- Below 18 yrs: 1RM
- Climbing Permits to Mount Kinabalu: Adult: 30 RM
- Below 18 yrs: 12RM
How To reach Mount Kinabalu by Public Transport
- Nearest Bus station: Kota Kinabalu North Bus Terminal
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kota Kinabalu before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kota Kinabalu and book an accommodation of your choice.
Mount Kinabalu, Kota Kinabalu Reviews - Write a Review
A memorable and beautiful journey to be remembered. Satisfaction to the Max. Time spent with nature are never a waste! Fall in love with the view, completely breathtaking and sacred feelings on the top. It's one of Gods mercy for human being.
Beautiful mountain. But do definitely work out before climbing the mountain to enjoy the spectacular views
My best climb so far. :) the place is great. Breathtaking view and awesome place to visit.
A hard slog to get to the top and a harder one to get down. That said you will NOT REGRET going here. Heads up though. Do some step climbing and descending training before you take it on.
It is not the highest mountain in S-E-Asian region, as claimed by our Tourism ads. By highest peak, it is ranked 10th in the region by a Japanese scientist, and ranked 20th by Wikipedia. Which claims are true, only Allah knows. Anyway, it's an undeniable fact that Mount Kinabalu is the most, if not the only, visited and climbed mountain in the region, with proper provisions and facilities for climbers ... almost NONE for the other mountains above its purported ranking
- Nearby Attractions
- Signal Hill Observatory Tower
- Sutera Harbour Resort
- Jesselton Point
- Oyo Rooms 001 Center Point Mall
- Aura Biru Suite Condo
- New Sabah Hotel
- Mari Mari Destinations
- Borneo Holiday And Vehicles Rental Sdn Bhd
- Marlin Statue
- Gaya Street Fair
- Kota Kinabalu Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Kota Kinabalu
- What to See in 48 Hours in Kota Kinabalu
- What to See in 72 Hours in Kota Kinabalu
- How to Spend 5 Days in Kota Kinabalu
- How to Spend 6 Days in Kota Kinabalu
- How to Spend 7 Days in Kota Kinabalu