Mount Kinabalu2611 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: Kinabalu National Park, Malaysia, Kota Kinabalu
- Timings: 09:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 3 MYR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Family And Kids, Hill
Climb up to this highest mountain between the Himalayas and the island of New Guinea. In the Malaysian language, this mountain is called as Gunung Kinabalu and is quite unlike any other on earth as it rises almost twice as high of its Crocker Range neighbors. While hiking towards its peak you shall come across several fine walking trails in the rainforest at the base of the mountain where the climate is agreeably cool than the coastal base. Even though you might not wish to climb the mountain, you can admire its beauty from most of the parts of Sabah, Kota Kinabalu and the islands of Tunku Abdul Rahman National Park.
Mount Kinabalu Travel Tips
- The majority of visitors to the Park do not climb all the way to the peak. For those with limited time or energy, there are gardens and many short walks through the jungle to enjoy in the vicinity of the entrance. A mud map is available at the Park entrance and sign posts guide you.
- No camping is allowed on the mountain. All visitors must stay in approved lodgings within the park and at Laban Rata.
Entrance Ticket Details For Mount Kinabalu
- Below 18 yrs: 1RM
- Climbing Permits to Mount Kinabalu: Adult: 30 RM
- Below 18 yrs: 12RM
How to Reach Mount Kinabalu
- Nearest Bus station: Kota Kinabalu North Bus Terminal
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kota Kinabalu before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kota Kinabalu and book an accommodation of your choice.
90.33% of people who visit Kota Kinabalu include Mount Kinabalu in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
60.89% of people start their Mount Kinabalu visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Mount Kinabalu
81.66% of people prefer walking in order to reach Mount Kinabalu
Mount Kinabalu Reviews & Ratings
It is a well maintain with facility along the route to the mountain top. There is a time limit if you did not manage to get to the last check point, you are not allow to go up the last section of the mountain. So be prepared.
It is a really beautiful park to do some hiking. Be aware of the high prices of the restaurants (lunch = 60rm without drinks).
It’s an amazing challenge but be sure to be of the proper fitness level. You’ll take a few hours to climb up to Laban Rata where you can rest up for the night and make your way up to peak in the morning to catch the sunrise. Being enough water, energy bars and proper hiking shoes.
An amazing hike. Slight level of fitness is required (trained 3 months before with stairs and cardio). Pray that the weather is good during and at the peak and you will be rewarded with a once-in-a-lifetime views
Let me tell you guys. Yes, mount Kinabalu is 4095m (4.09km) from the sea level, but the actual travel distance is approximately 8.5km which is from Timpohon Gate to the summit. Therefore, please keep in mind that the distance going up and down is 17km. Make sure you prepare your stamina for that distance.