North Borneo RailwayCurrently Closed
- Address: Tanjung Aru Railway Station, Mail Bag 2047, 88999, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, 88999, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +60-88263933
- Ticket Price: 318 MYR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Family And Kids, Train Ride
North Borneo Railway - Review
One of the attractions of Kota Kinabalu is to take a ride on the North Borneo Railway that recreates the era of British North Borneo. As you take a ride in this steam train, you shall come across the tracks of Tanjung Aru, through Kinarut and towards the end, the Rice bowl of Sabah, Papar. The journey on this train proves to be beautiful as you come across the green vistas of sprawling paddy fields, villages of stilt and natural landscapes. On the board, you shall also be served with lunch comprising of Asian and Continental cuisine.
North Borneo Railway Information
- Earlier booking is required.
North Borneo Railway Ticket Prices
- Children (3-12years old) : RM159.00
- Complimentary for children below 3years old.
North Borneo Railway Hours
- Boarding of Train: Only on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- Boarding time is 9.30 am. Please be seated by this time.
- Departure Time: 10AM every Wednesday & Saturday ONLY.
How To reach North Borneo Railway by Public Transport
- Take a Cab from city centre.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kota Kinabalu before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kota Kinabalu and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting North Borneo Railway
45.82% of people who visit Kota Kinabalu include North Borneo Railway in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
47.41% of people start their North Borneo Railway visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see North Borneo Railway
94.55% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting North Borneo Railway