North Borneo Railway, Kota Kinabalu
About North Borneo Railway, Kota Kinabalu
North Borneo Railway, Kota Kinabalu - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Tanjung Aru Railway Station, Mail Bag 2047, 88999, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, 88999, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia
Ticket Price: 318 MYR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 7.9K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Family And Kids, Train Ride
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
One of the attractions of Kota Kinabalu is to take a ride on the North Borneo Railway that recreates the era of British North Borneo. As you take a ride in this steam train, you shall come across the tracks of Tanjung Aru, through Kinarut and towards the end, the Rice bowl of Sabah, Papar. The journey on this train proves to be beautiful as you come across the green vistas of sprawling paddy fields, villages of stilt and natural landscapes. On the board, you shall also be served with lunch comprising of Asian and Continental cuisine.
North Borneo Railway Information
- Earlier booking is required.
North Borneo Railway Ticket Prices
- Children (3-12years old) : RM159.00
- Complimentary for children below 3years old.
North Borneo Railway Opening and Closing Hours
- Boarding of Train: Only on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- Boarding time is 9.30 am. Please be seated by this time.
- Departure Time: 10AM every Wednesday & Saturday ONLY.
How To reach North Borneo Railway by Public Transport
- Take a Cab from city centre.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kota Kinabalu before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kota Kinabalu and book an accommodation of your choice.
North Borneo Railway, Kota Kinabalu Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Kedai Kopi Yee Fung
- Salut Seafood Restaurant
- The Catch Seafood Restaurant And Grill
- Horizon Hotel
- Laban Rata
- Avangio Hotel Kota Kinabalu Managed By Accor
- Central Market
- Switz Paradise Hotel
- Filipino Market ( Handicraft Market )
- Kota Kinabalu Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Kota Kinabalu
- What to See in 48 Hours in Kota Kinabalu
- What to See in 72 Hours in Kota Kinabalu
- How to Spend 5 Days in Kota Kinabalu
- How to Spend 6 Days in Kota Kinabalu
- How to Spend 7 Days in Kota Kinabalu