North Borneo RailwayCurrently Closed
One of the attractions of Kota Kinabalu is to take a ride on the North Borneo Railway that recreates the era of British North Borneo. As you take a ride in this steam train, you shall come across the tracks of Tanjung Aru, through Kinarut and towards the end, the Rice bowl of Sabah, Papar. The journey on this train proves to be beautiful as you come across the green vistas of sprawling paddy fields, villages of stilt and natural landscapes. On the board, you shall also be served with lunch comprising of Asian and Continental cuisine.
- Earlier booking is required.
- Children (3-12years old) : RM159.00
- Complimentary for children below 3years old.
- Boarding of Train: Only on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- Boarding time is 9.30 am. Please be seated by this time.
- Departure Time: 10AM every Wednesday & Saturday ONLY.
- Take a Cab from city centre.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kota Kinabalu before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kota Kinabalu and book an accommodation of your choice.
45.83% of people who visit Kota Kinabalu include North Borneo Railway in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
47.41% of people start their North Borneo Railway visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see North Borneo Railway
94.55% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting North Borneo Railway