Are you looking for what to do in Kota Kinabalu?
PLACES TO SEE
- Tanjung Aru Beach: This wide beach isn't the best for swimming, but the peaceful waterfront is an enjoyable place to sit, relax, and eat.
- Kota Kinabalu Wetland Centre: Located just one mile from KK's city center, this is a sprawling mangrove forest with elevated wooden walkways. Visitors enjoy a rare opportunity to see species that are found in wetlands which are normally inaccessible.
- Gaya Street Market: Visit the Gaya Street Sunday Market and avail the bargains available exclusively at weekends to relish your shopping at the historic bazaar.
- Manukan Island: Just take a 15 minutes boat ride to reach the Manukan Island which is one of the most famous and most frequented islands by domestic and international tourists.
- Kota Kinabalu City Mosque: Kota Kinabalu is predominantly Muslim city. Your itinerary of Kota Kinabalu will not be complete without having visited the emblems of Islamic faith here. Visit the city mosque which is also the most popular here.
- Green connection Aquarium: Take a unique guided journey through limestone caves, dense jungles, mangrove area, and coral reefs of Sipadan, the Northern Tip of Borneo and Tiga Island at The Green Connection.
- Sabah Museum: Visit the Sabah Museum that comprises of the Main Building, the Science and Technology Centre, the Heritage Village, Ethno-Botanical Garden and the Sabah Islamic Civilization Museum.
THINGS TO DO
- Visit Kinabalu National Park: Hike up to this national park in order to watch the panoramic views of Sabah and to look at the biggest flower (rafflesia) in the world which can be found here.
- Island Hopping at Abdul Rahman Marine Park: Take out time to visit the five islands of this marine park to enjoy a wide range of water activities such as banana boat, sea walking, para sailing and Jet Ski.
- Watch Sabah Sunset: Sabah is considered as the best place to view sunsets. In Kota Kinabalu, there are various viewpoints from where you can have excellent views of sunset. Some of these are: Tanjung Aru Beach, Segama waterfront, Signal Hill observatory tower, Peak of Bukit Pedang and sunset bar, Shangri la Tanjung Aru Resort.
- Experience the local food: Malaysian food is delectable. Try Bak Kut Teh, Laksa, mee at the local Kopitiam and experience the coffee shop culture.
Below we have a list of things to do in Kota Kinabalu and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Kota Kinabalu getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Kota Kinabalu with confidence.