Cape ComorinCurrently Open
- Address: Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu, India, Kovalam
- Time Required: 08:00 Hrs
- Tags: Temple, Waterfront, View Point, Memorial, Statue, Market, Family And Kids, Town
The small coastal town of Kanyakumari known as ‘Cape Comorin’ during the British Rule, is loved for its many spiritual attractions and for its serene and breath-taking views of the Indian Ocean.
The Triveni sangam (where the three oceans – Indian Ocean, Arabian Sea and Bay of Bengal come together to share their waters), the tranquil Gandhi Memorial, the famous Vivekananda memorial and the majestic statue of the Tamil Poet Thiruvalluvar along with a visit to Bagavathi Amman Temple- all make this small town, a place full of surprises.
The local markets which line the way to the beach are perfect to shop at and watching the sunset at the beach, completes the experience.
Cape Comorin Travel Tips
- Try to stay at Kanyakumari at hotels closer to the beach to make the best out of the experience.
Entrance Ticket Details For Cape Comorin
- A few attractions may have their own admission fee.
Cape Comorin Hours
- Timings of individual attractions vary.
How to Reach Cape Comorin
- By bus: Chakara Kulam Bus Stop. You can use the local Public bus transport.
- Train: Kanyakumari station
- By Car/Bike
- By hiring a Cab
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kovalam before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kovalam and book an accommodation of your choice.
5.33% of people who visit Kovalam include Cape Comorin in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
35.71% of people start their Cape Comorin visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 8 Hrs to see Cape Comorin
78.57% of people prefer walking in order to reach Cape Comorin
People normally also visit Devi Kanya Kumari Temple while planning their trip to Cape Comorin.