How to Reach Kovalam
By Plane or Train to Thiruvananthapuram:
You can get a direct plane to the Thiruvananthapuram from Middle East, Singapore, Maldives, Sri Lanka and a connecting domestic flight from all the major Indian cities like Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore. The nearest airport to Kovalam is Thiruvananthapuram. There are also a number of trains to the Thiruvananthapuram central railway station from all over the country.
From Thiruvananthapuram to Kovalam:
- By Bus: The local public bus from Thiruvananthapuram east-port to Kovalam is easily available at a rate of INR 8.
- By Taxi: You can hire a private taxi from Thiruvananthapuram to Kovalam which will cost you around INR 400-500.
- By Auto Rickshaw: An Auto rickshaw will take you from Thiruvananthapuram to Kovalam in a fare of around INR 170.
- By Taxi: You can hire a taxi from the Thiruvananthapuram airport or the railway station that will take you to Kovalam and will also around the town. Make sure you decide on the price prior to the start of the journey.
- By Auto Rickshaw: The fares are decided on per kilometer basis and INR 15/kilometer is the standard rate. Some drivers may overcharge so Kovalam travel guide suggests negotiating before getting in.
- By Hired Bike: This is the most exotic and fun way to get around the Kovalam town. The bikes are easily available for rent and the roads are safe to drive. Keep the fuel check and you are good to go. The Royal Enfield 350 cc is a truly vintage experience.