How to Reach Kovalam - The Easiest Way to Reach Kovalam
By Plane or Train to Thiruvananthapuram:
You can get a direct plane to the Thiruvananthapuram from Middle East, Singapore, Maldives, Sri Lanka and a connecting domestic flight from all the major Indian cities like Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore. The nearest airport to Kovalam is Thiruvananthapuram. There are also a number of trains to the Thiruvananthapuram central railway station from all over the country.
From Thiruvananthapuram to Kovalam:
- By Bus: The local public bus from Thiruvananthapuram east-port to Kovalam is easily available at a rate of INR 8.
- By Taxi: You can hire a private taxi from Thiruvananthapuram to Kovalam which will cost you around INR 400-500.
- By Auto Rickshaw: An Auto rickshaw will take you from Thiruvananthapuram to Kovalam in a fare of around INR 170.
- By Taxi: You can hire a taxi from the Thiruvananthapuram airport or the railway station that will take you to Kovalam and will also around the town. Make sure you decide on the price prior to the start of the journey.
- By Auto Rickshaw: The fares are decided on per kilometer basis and INR 15/kilometer is the standard rate. Some drivers may overcharge so Kovalam travel guide suggests negotiating before getting in.
- By Hired Bike: This is the most exotic and fun way to get around the Kovalam town. The bikes are easily available for rent and the roads are safe to drive. Keep the fuel check and you are good to go. The Royal Enfield 350 cc is a truly vintage experience.
Are you looking for a Kovalam travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Kovalam
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Kovalam. The most preferred mode of transport in Kovalam is Car.
Average distance: 14.54 km Average time: 46.31 min
Car 46.67%Driving 41.43 min Walking 2.86 min Overall average time for 18.71 kms 44.29 min
Motorbike 13.33%Motorbike 37.5 min Walking 2.5 min Overall average time for 13 kms 40 min
Walking 6.67%Walking 40 min Other 8 min Bike 8 min Overall average time for 6 kms 56 min
Bike 13.33%Bike 15 min Other 8.5 min Walking 4.5 min Overall average time for 5.5 kms 28 min
Bus/Trolleybus 6.67%Bus 60 min Walking 25 min Waiting 15 min Overall average time for 15 kms 100 min
How to Reach Kovalam from Nearby Cities
|Thiruvananthapuram to Kovalam||5.62 km||5 mins|
|Kanyakumari to Kovalam||62.66 km||1 hour 2 mins|
|Coimbatore to Kovalam||65.62 km||1 hour 5 mins|
|Kochi to Kovalam||88.31 km||1 hour 28 mins|
|Bangalore to Kovalam||130.53 km||2 hours 10 mins|
|Madurai to Kovalam||132.36 km||2 hours 12 mins|
|Vellore to Kovalam||260.74 km||4 hours 20 mins|
|Mangalore to Kovalam||265.45 km||4 hours 25 mins|
|Hyderabad to Kovalam||268.63 km||4 hours 28 mins|