The Neyyar Dam is built on the Neyyar river and has a Wild life sanctuary, Lion Safari Park, Deer Park, Crocodile Rehabilitation and Research center and offers activities like Elephant riding and Boating.
The Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Dhanwanthari Ashram located here, is the highlight for Yoga lovers. The place is loved for its pristine clean environment and electric greens that embrace the gorgeous river and the lake.
If feeling close to nature is what you want, make a day trip out of your visit to the dam. neyyar dam - Kerala tourist attraction added in the Kerala Itinerary 10 Days. Must visit this amazing attraction.
- Carry bottled water and snacks with you.
- You will get ample opportunity to click some pictures of the dam.
- You can go for a boat ride.
- INR 250 per person for Adults.
- INR 125 per person for Child (5 to 12 years).
- INR 5 per person for Child (below 5 years).
- Safari Boat - INR 400 for 20 min.
- Safari Boat - INR 250 for 20 min.
- Safari Boat - INR 25 per head.
- High Speed Boat - INR 250
For prices of other attractions visit the official website.
- Lion Safari: All days of the week except Monday: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- For timings of different attractions, visit the website of the attraction.
- Bus: Neyyar Dam Bus Station
- By Taxi
- Rent a Car/Bike
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kovalam before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kovalam and book an accommodation of your choice.
22.37% of people who visit Kovalam include Neyyar Dam in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
37.98% of people start their Neyyar Dam visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Neyyar Dam
91.83% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Neyyar Dam
Good scenery. Have boating,parks etc...
Good place to spend time.
Great view and good ambience. Should spend one day here. Clam place. There are many attractions. Crocodile park, Lion safari park, deer park are the main things here. For food there is only ktdc restaurant, others are small restaurant. There are small homestays available. Small lodging facilities are also available.
Really gud place