Krabi is home to some of the best views of the Arabian Sea; perched amidst limestone rocks jutting out of cobalt blue waters that make for quite an eyeful. So choose between the lazy, dreamy Railay beach and the buzzing Ao Nang beach with its puzzling variety of beach-view restaurants or head for some peace to one of the quiet alcoves like Tubkaak beach which boasts of the softest white sands in the whole of Krabi. The close-by Phi Phi islands sure deserve all the attention they get for their impeccable beaches and diverse water-sport opportunities.
The most popular thing to do on your trip to Krabi is to go island hopping to experience its beautiful secrets that are sure to leave a mark on you forever. If there is such a thing as too much sun and sand, gravitate towards Krabi town where all the night life and gastronomic must-do’s are situated and can be called the epicentre of Krabi tourism.
A Krabi island tour gives you a chance to rekindle your romantic side along with testing your limits at activities like rock-climbing and hiking. So, hire a kayak and row lazily on Krabi’s azure blue waters while reconnecting with nature and yourself too!
Essential travel information and Krabi tips for your visit
- Krabi Time Zone – Thailand Time Zone (UTC+07:00)
- Currency – The currency used in Krabi is Thai Baht.
- Electricity – India uses 220 Volts, 50 Hz alternating current as the power source. Plugs and sockets have ungrounded 2 Pin connections (Type A) or ungrounded 2 pin connections (Type C).
- Internet – 3G, Wi-Fi connections are available in almost all the hotels in the city.
- Languages – The dominant language spoken in Krabi is Thai. English is spoken less well and by fewer people
- Security – Police –191, 66 (0) 75 611 222, Fire – 199, +66 (0) 75 611 111, Tourist Police – 1155, +66 (0) 7.563.7208, Tourist Service Centre – 1672
- Tipping - Tipping in Thailand hotels is neither expected nor required. Many visitors tip for service and/or courtesy.
- Buddha images are held sacred and sacrilegious acts are punishable by imprisonment even if committed by foreign visitors.
- Do not litter. Littering is banned in Thailand and can often lead to a fine or even imprisonment.
- Dress appropriately while visiting a temple. Make sure to remove your shoes before entering any sacred or religious institution. Treat the monks with the highest degree of respect.
- Don’t show disrespect towards the Thai Royal Family. It is a criminal offence to insult the Thai Monarchy.
- Don’t cross your legs when you are in the presence of a monk.
- Don’t touch a Thai woman without consent. Despite the image portrayed in some bars and clubs, the majority of Thai women are conservative.
- Nudity is frowned upon in Thailand. Make sure you sunbathe in appropriate swimwear.
- Don’t take Buddha images out of the country. Strictly speaking it is against the law to take or send Buddha images out of the country unless special permission has been granted.
- Passports and travel documents should be kept in a safe place.
- Pickpockets are most active on public transport vehicles metro, in crowded shops, shopping centres, food markets, and popular touristy places. Make sure to keep your money, documents, mobile phone safe and secure.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Krabi
Save 7%Half Day Rock Climbing Tours at Railay Beach in Krabi8 Reviews
Duration: 4 Hrs
If youve never climbed before, this 4-hour introductory course is the ideal way to get yourself started!You will learn: top r...
4-Island Tour by Traditional Big Longtail Boat from Krabi15 Reviews
Duration: 6 Hrs 30 Mins
Enjoy Island hopping in a traditional and big longtail boat from Krabi to the separated sea at 4 islands where you can relax ...Book Now
Railay Beach to Koh Phi Phi by Ao Nang Princess Ferry1 Reviews
Duration: 2 Hrs 15 Mins
Travel fromRailay Beach to Koh Phi Phi by Ao Nang Princess ferry through the Andaman Sea. Meet at Railay West Beach in front ...Book Now
Save 4%Early Bird Phi Phi Island & 4 Islands Speed Boat Tour by Sea Eagle from Krabi1 Reviews
Duration: 8 Hrs
Visit the hot spots of Phi Phi Islands on a sunrise tour leaving Krabi in the early morning. Beat the crowds at Maya Bay and ...
Climate Index 63.67 (High)
Traffic Commute Time Index 5 (Very Low)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
Here's how much it will cost to shop in Krabi
Local calling per minute on Prepaid mobile 0.03 USD
International Movie per seat 4.26 USD
Summer clothing in a chain store 21.32 USD
Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 91.37 USD
Pair of Basic Levis Jeans 21.32 USD
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.