Located around 30 kilometres from Krabi town, Ao Thalane offers the best Kayaking spot in the Andaman Sea. The cliff islands, limestone canyons, mangroves and the varied biology form the perfect backdrop to kayak through the sea and experience the raw beauty of Thailand.
The bio-diversity includes reptiles, mammals and birds and close encounters with Monkeys are rather common. If you are looking for a relaxing, close-to-nature experience, Ao Thalane is the place for you.
- Wear comfortable clothes and carry bottled water and snacks.
- Entry is free.
Rental and tour prices vary with different organisers. However the rough range is:
- 1000 Thai Baht for a tour.
- 700 Thai Bhat for renting a kayak.
- Recommended time of arrival is 9:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- Timings of various tour organisers vary.
- By Songthaew/Taxi to reach the harbour.
- By renting a Bike/Car to reach the harbour.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Krabi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Krabi and book an accommodation of your choice.
3.6% of people who visit Krabi include Ao Thalane in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
52.31% of people start their Ao Thalane visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Ao Thalane
93.39% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ao Thalane