How to Reach Krabi
How to reach Krabi
HOW TO GET TO KRABI
- By Air: Although Krabi has an International airport, the only flights that go out of Thailand from Krabi airport are to Kuala Lumpur and Malaysia. For flights to other countries, the nearest international airport will be in Bangkok. The airport is 15 kilometers away from city center. The international departure tax surcharge is 700 Baht but is included in most tickets now; domestic departure tax is included in the price of the flight. National Car Rental has a branch at the airport; motorcycle taxi rides are available outside the terminal. An air conditioned airport bus service links the airport with Krabi Town, Ao Nang and Noppharat Thara Beach. Fares are 90 Baht to Krabi and 150 Baht to Ao Nang/Noppharat Thara. Buses meet all flight arrivals. For times to the airport, see Ao Nang page. Songthaews run from Krabi Town to the airport and cost 30-50 Baht, depending how much they overcharge you. Going to the airport, they will drop you at the departure terminal. From the airport, you will have to walk out and catch them along the main road to Krabi, a distance of about 400 m.
- By Bus: Krabi’s bus station is called Talat Kao. There are daily buses to and from Bangkok that take about 12 hours to reach.
- By Boat: Ferries run from/to Ko Phi Phi, Ko Jum and Ko Lanta daily. Most depart in the morning. Tickets can be purchased at the dock or from tourist offices and most local guest houses and hotels. The normal passenger ferry does not start from the center of town anymore, but from a new passenger port about 4 km outside Krabi (Klong Jilad). Free taxi transfer to the pier should be included in the price of your ticket. If your boat starts from the old piers in the center of town (Chao Fah pier or Phi Phi pier), you are most likely on a more expensive and longer tourist boat ride.
HOW TO GET AROUND KRABI
- By Taxi: On Krabi island, you can either hire a Songthaew which you share with other passengers or a taxi. From the bus station a taxi will cost B100 as it is about a 4Km trip. Taxis in Krabi can be a bit expensive.
- By Bike: If you don’t mind the occasional showers of rain, the experience of being on the bike in Krabi is a most wonderful one. There are a number of bike renting companies near Ao Nang.
- By Ferries: You can also use ferries to go from one beach to the other. A number of good hotels also have their own boats that ferry guest to nearby islands.
Modes of Transportation in Krabi
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Krabi. The most preferred mode of transport in Krabi is Bike.
Average distance: 5 km Average time: 5 min
Bike 100%Bike 5 min Overall average time for 5 kms 5 min
* Some of the data on this page is powered by Numbeo