Phra Nang Cave Beach, KrabiCurrently Open
- Address: Saber Mueang Krabi District, Krabi 81000, Thailand
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
- Tags: Beach, Cave, Walking Area, Family And Kids
About Phra Nang Cave Beach, Krabi
Popular for its temple, the cave is believed to be the place where Phra Nang waited for her husband after he left for his fishermen duties. Another story goes that an Indian princess was killed here in a ship-wreck and her spirit occupies the cave.
The cave is where fishermen and boatmen still make offerings for a safe sea-journey. People from all around Thailand come to pray to the Lingams placed here, for fertility. Locals say if you release a Lingam anywhere at the Krabi shore during high tide, it will reach the cave.
Offering you prayers here to later enjoy the beauty of the beach all around, completes the experience.
Phra Nang Cave Beach Information
- Carry bottled water and snacks and wear sunscreen.
- Entry is free.
Phra Nang Cave Beach Ticket Prices
- From Chao Fah jetty- 40
- From Hat Pranang- 20 baht
- From Phi Phi Islands- 150 baht
How To reach Phra Nang Cave Beach by Public Transport
- You can reach the place by taking a longtail boat from Chao Fah jetty/ from Ao Nang / from Hat Pranang/ the Phi Phi Islands.
- If you arrive at West Railay (By Songthaew/Taxi) you will need to walk through to East Railay and then follow the path along the beach and around the base of the cliff (towards the Rayavadee Resort) until you reach Phra Nang beach.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Krabi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Krabi and book an accommodation of your choice.
Phra Nang Cave Beach, Krabi Reviews
Real paradise is here!! U can claim the mountain ⛰ and visit a awesome cave 😎 Nice beach 🏝 and soft neat sand❤️ U can doing yoga 🧘♀️ with sun bath
Best beach around Krabi, not so crowded with beautifull caves, monkeys and rock climbing.
We visited this on suggestion from friend. Pleasant walk to the cave and very nice surroundings. Cave and objects interesting and reason why interesting too. If we visit again we will take some kind of penis to add to the collection. Worth a visit, even it is just to enjoy the surroundings. If you like climbing, there is a rock climbing area next to the cave. Visited April 2015
Clean beach. Best in Railey.
This beach is so beautiful! The sand is soft and water is clear! The only one thing that I don't like is there are so many ants on the beach everywhere!