Krakow is renowned for being the cultural capital of Poland. It boasts 140 monasteries and churches, 50 museums, 100 art galleries, 11 universities and academies and 600 monuments. An old town, Krakow is dubbed a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of twelve most important cultural sites in the world. Each one of you should visit Krakow at least once and experience all that it has to offer considering the best time to visit Krakow.
Krakow Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Krakow tips for your visit
- Time zone: UTC +01.00
- Currency: Euro, zloty
- Electricity: 220 volts, 50 cycles
- Internet: Most cafes in Krakow offer free Wi-Fi. There are also several internet café’s available.
- Safety: Police: 997
- Emergency: 112
- Ambulance: 999
- Picpockets can be a nuisance in Krakow so it is best to be careful of your belongings.
- Try to walk around well-lit areas at night if need be.
- Do not leave drinks unattended.