Barbakan KrakowskiCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Basztowa, 30-547 Kraków, Poland, Krakow
- Timings: 10:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +48-124229877
- Ticket Price: 5 PLN
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Family And Kids, Exhibition
Barbakan Krakowski - Review
Overview of Krakow Barbican
The Barbican is a gateway fortification connected to the city's defensive walls. This brick moated structure is one of the last remaining examples of such fortifications Europe. Constructed in 1498 in Gothic style, with a wall that is 3 meter stick and an inner courtyard with a 25 meter diameter, it is frequently called a ‘masterpiece of medieval military engineering.’ It has seven turrets and 130 defensive slots. Even though it is not exactly a museum, and you can usually just cover all of it in 15 minutes, it is a popular place for exhibitions, concerts and theatre in the summer. Check the calendar online for possible events. And try not to be upset at the sight of pigeons who keep flying into the netting and dying. Apart from that, it has an almost fairy-tale appeal.
Barbakan Krakowski Information
- If you can’t purchase it online, the tickets can also be purchased at Visitor Centre, Sukiennice, Rynek Glowny 1.
- The ticket price includes access to both the Barbican and the defense walls.
- Guided tours must be booked 3 days in advance.
- If your group is late for the guided tour you may be charged an extra 100 PLN.
- Opening hours are subject to change. Check the Barbican webpage Honda Krakow Historical Museum website to make sure it is open on the day of your planned visit. Also check the extended list of rules for your visit.
Barbakan Krakowski Ticket Prices
- Concessionary 6 PLN
- Groups 6 PLN
- Family ticket 16 PLN
- Guided tour: 85 PLN + ticket price
- Concessionary 4 PLN
- Groups 4 PLN
- Family ticket 10 PLN
Barbakan Krakowski Hours
- April to October: Closed on every second Monday of the month.
How To reach Barbakan Krakowski by Public Transport
- Walk or cycle to here from inside old town.
- Drive or take a taxi to here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Krakow before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Krakow and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Barbakan Krakowski
11.84% of people who visit Krakow include Barbakan Krakowski in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
45.03% of people start their Barbakan Krakowski visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Barbakan Krakowski
73.83% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Barbakan Krakowski
Barbakan Krakowski Trips
Barbakan Krakowski, Krakow Reviews
It wasn't open to visitors when I walked around it, but it's a very impressive keep, part of the ancient defenses of Krakow which has been developed as a status symbol of the city over the centuries! I recommend going in the morning before it's too hot to walk around in summer
Really impressive Barbican fortification that used to part of the old medieval defensive system around the old city. You can visit this as it is part of a network of museums and it now stands proudly in the middle of the park between the inner and outer parts of Krakow. If you're planning on visiting its definitely worth checking opening times as i walked past it regularly and it seemed to change daily.
Great fortification from 1498. nice talk to the city center from here. also, lot of bums in the park.
Fantastic place at the end/start of the city centre area. Inside sometimes play n events goes on which keeps the place always full with passerby tourists.
Nice area to visit with lots of history, especially nice to walk around during the summer when it's nice and hot. Great for photos and had great views