Overview of Krakow Barbican
The Barbican is a gateway fortification connected to the city's defensive walls. This brick moated structure is one of the last remaining examples of such fortifications Europe. Constructed in 1498 in Gothic style, with a wall that is 3 meter stick and an inner courtyard with a 25 meter diameter, it is frequently called a ‘masterpiece of medieval military engineering.’ It has seven turrets and 130 defensive slots. Even though it is not exactly a museum, and you can usually just cover all of it in 15 minutes, it is a popular place for exhibitions, concerts and theatre in the summer. Check the calendar online for possible events. And try not to be upset at the sight of pigeons who keep flying into the netting and dying. Apart from that, it has an almost fairy-tale appeal.
Barbakan Krakowski Travel Tips
- If you can’t purchase it online, the tickets can also be purchased at Visitor Centre, Sukiennice, Rynek Glowny 1.
- The ticket price includes access to both the Barbican and the defense walls.
- Guided tours must be booked 3 days in advance.
- If your group is late for the guided tour you may be charged an extra 100 PLN.
- Opening hours are subject to change. Check the Barbican webpage Honda Krakow Historical Museum website to make sure it is open on the day of your planned visit. Also check the extended list of rules for your visit.
Entrance Ticket Details For Barbakan Krakowski
- Concessionary 6 PLN
- Groups 6 PLN
- Family ticket 16 PLN
- Guided tour: 85 PLN + ticket price
- Concessionary 4 PLN
- Groups 4 PLN
- Family ticket 10 PLN
Barbakan Krakowski Hours
- April to October: Closed on every second Monday of the month.
How to Reach Barbakan Krakowski
- Walk or cycle to here from inside old town.
- Drive or take a taxi to here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Krakow before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Krakow and book an accommodation of your choice.
9.07% of people who visit Krakow include Barbakan Krakowski in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
45.03% of people start their Barbakan Krakowski visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Barbakan Krakowski
73.83% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Barbakan Krakowski