Barbakan Krakowski, Krakow
About Barbakan Krakowski, Krakow
Barbakan Krakowski, Krakow - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Basztowa, 30-547 Kraków, Poland
Ticket Price: 5 PLN
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 10:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 840 times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids, Exhibition
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Overview of Krakow Barbican
The Barbican is a gateway fortification connected to the city's defensive walls. This brick moated structure is one of the last remaining examples of such fortifications Europe. Constructed in 1498 in Gothic style, with a wall that is 3 meter stick and an inner courtyard with a 25 meter diameter, it is frequently called a ‘masterpiece of medieval military engineering.’ It has seven turrets and 130 defensive slots. Even though it is not exactly a museum, and you can usually just cover all of it in 15 minutes, it is a popular place for exhibitions, concerts and theatre in the summer. Check the calendar online for possible events. And try not to be upset at the sight of pigeons who keep flying into the netting and dying. Apart from that, it has an almost fairy-tale appeal.
Barbakan Krakowski Information
- If you can’t purchase it online, the tickets can also be purchased at Visitor Centre, Sukiennice, Rynek Glowny 1.
- The ticket price includes access to both the Barbican and the defense walls.
- Guided tours must be booked 3 days in advance.
- If your group is late for the guided tour you may be charged an extra 100 PLN.
- Opening hours are subject to change. Check the Barbican webpage Honda Krakow Historical Museum website to make sure it is open on the day of your planned visit. Also check the extended list of rules for your visit.
Barbakan Krakowski Ticket Prices
- Concessionary 6 PLN
- Groups 6 PLN
- Family ticket 16 PLN
- Guided tour: 85 PLN + ticket price
- Concessionary 4 PLN
- Groups 4 PLN
- Family ticket 10 PLN
Barbakan Krakowski Opening and Closing Hours
- April to October: Closed on every second Monday of the month.
How To reach Barbakan Krakowski by Public Transport
- Walk or cycle to here from inside old town.
- Drive or take a taxi to here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Krakow before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Krakow and book an accommodation of your choice.
Barbakan Krakowski, Krakow Reviews - Write a Review
15th century fortified gate. Small but nice design, surrounded by water as usually seen in movies. Now it has been kept as museum.
A small fortress in front of Krakow old town main gate. A short stop for some photo taking before going into the old town. I recommend not staying too long where you have the magnificent old town ahead of you.
A beautiful old historic fortress buiding, but it would have been nice to be able to get inside it.
Amazing Historical site - A real feel of the middle ages!
The visit is just a little tour inside the barbacane but without any explanations. But it really doesn't cost much. (It's one of the museum available with the KrakowCard).
- Nearby Attractions
- Benedyktyńska 37
- Wygoda 10
- Warsaw Old Town
- Kraków County
- Grand Hotel Kraków
- Pontifical University Of John Paul Ii
- Krakow Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Krakow
- What to See in 48 Hours in Krakow
- What to See in 72 Hours in Krakow
- How to Spend 5 Days in Krakow
- How to Spend 6 Days in Krakow
- How to Spend 7 Days in Krakow