Church Of St Martin2 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Grodzka, 30-001 Kraków, Poland, Krakow
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +48-123506250
- Time Required: 00:20 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Cathedral
This historic evangelical church is the seat of the local Lutheran Parish. The previous church on this location used to be a 12th century Romanesque construct. The building you see today in Baroque style was erected in 1640 and consecrated 4 years later. The main highlights of the church are the late 14th century Gothic crucifix (thought to be miraculous), and a painting of Christ Silencing a Storm by Henryk Siemiradzki from the late 19th century. Otherwise there is generally a lack of sculptures and paintings inside the temple. Calvinists do not believe in the placements of idols and art inside places of worship. This makes it unusual among the churches of Krakow.
Church Of St Martin Travel Tips
- The timings given here are based on the office hours of the parish. They might not be the official visiting hours for tourists. Confirm with the church before your visit.
Church Of St Martin Hours
- Monday - Thursday: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Sunday: 11:00 am - 03:00 pm
How to Reach Church Of St Martin
- Walk or cycle to here from inside Old Town.
- By Car or take a taxi to Old Town.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Krakow before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Krakow and book an accommodation of your choice.