Church Of The Holy Cross2 Votes Currently Open
- Address: św. Krzyża 23, 31-023 Kraków, Poland, Krakow Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +48-124292056
- Ticket Price: 3 PLN
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
This religious complex, containing the Gothic basilica and Cistercian monastery, has been the center of the Cistercian order in Krakow for 800 years. There is also and Abbot’s palace, built in Renaissance style in 1569. The monastery was founded in 1222, but having been destroyed by the Mongols in the 13th century, by fire in the 15th, and the Swedish in the 17th, is has had to be rebuilt many times. The church’s current Baroque facade was completed in 1780. Inside, it mixes Romanesque and Gothic elements. The monastery takes its name from an ancient barrow, the Wanda Mound, which is not too far away (Mogila means Tomb in polish). You’ll find paintings by Stanislaw Samostrzelnik in the right-hand transept of the church. Also check out the Baroque altarpiece. There’s a pretty cemetery on the grounds too.
Church Of The Holy Cross Travel Tips
- Guided tours of the monastery by appointment.
Church Of The Holy Cross Hours
- Confirm opening and visiting hours by phone before your planned visit.
How to Reach Church Of The Holy Cross
- By Tram: 10, 16; Bus 174 : Pleszów direction, stop KLASZTORNA
- By Bus: 123, 153, 163, 193 stop Cistercian monastery
- By Car
- By Taxi
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Krakow before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Krakow and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Church Of The Holy Cross Address: św. Krzyża 23, 31-023 Kraków, Poland, Krakow
- Church Of The Holy Cross Contact Number: +48-124292056
- Church Of The Holy Cross Timing: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Church Of The Holy Cross Price: 3 PLN
- Time required to visit Church Of The Holy Cross: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.04% of people who visit Krakow include Church Of The Holy Cross in their plan
95% of people start their Church Of The Holy Cross visit around 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Church Of The Holy Cross
People normally also visit Museum Of Communist Poland while planning their trip to Church Of The Holy Cross.