The collection was founded in 1796 by Princess Isabela Czartoryska. Its most famous exhibit is Leonardo da Vinci’s masterpiece, Lady with an Ermine. There are treasures here from the Wawel Cathedral, the Royal Castle, and Polish noble families. But other, nearly as awesome treasures included:
- The books of the Duke of Brabant, Tadeusz Czacki, and Stanislaw August Poniatowski.
- Shakespeare's chair
- Fragments from what are allegedly the graves of Romeo and Juliet.
- Relics of Abelard and Heloise
- Relics of Petrarch and his Laura
Sadly, many of these were scattered in the 1831 November uprising. Still you can still see Raphael’s, Portrait of a Young Man; The Mother of God with the Child; and a 14th century Madonna with Child triptych.
Entrance Ticket Details For Czartoryski Museum
- Reduced: 11 PLN
- Family: 29 PLN
- Groups of 15+: 12 PLN
- Reduced groups: 8 PLN
Czartoryski Museum Hours
- The museum is closed for renovations indefinitely.
How to Reach Czartoryski Museum
- By Bus: 124, 152, 154, 424, 502
- By Tram: 2, 3, 4, 7, 10, 14, 19, 20, 24, 52
- By car or take a taxi from outside Old Town
- Walk or cycle to here from inside old Town.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Krakow before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Krakow and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.87% of people who visit Krakow include Czartoryski Museum in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
63.33% of people start their Czartoryski Museum visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Czartoryski Museum
60.71% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Czartoryski Museum
Czartoryski Museum Reviews & Ratings
Is the museum open on the 31st December, 1st january, or 2nd january?Answer Report Abuse
Hi Chantelle. I would suggest you contact the Czartoryski Museum to inquire if the museum will be open on the mentioned dates. You may call them on 48 12 422 61 37 and ask about it.Report Abuse