Czartoryski MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: św. Jana 19, 31-017 Kraków, Poland, Krakow
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +48-123705460
- Ticket Price: 17 PLN
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museum, Museum, Family And Kids
Czartoryski Museum - Review
The collection was founded in 1796 by Princess Isabela Czartoryska. Its most famous exhibit is Leonardo da Vinci’s masterpiece, Lady with an Ermine. There are treasures here from the Wawel Cathedral, the Royal Castle, and Polish noble families. But other, nearly as awesome treasures included:
- The books of the Duke of Brabant, Tadeusz Czacki, and Stanislaw August Poniatowski.
- Shakespeare's chair
- Fragments from what are allegedly the graves of Romeo and Juliet.
- Relics of Abelard and Heloise
- Relics of Petrarch and his Laura
Sadly, many of these were scattered in the 1831 November uprising. Still you can still see Raphael’s, Portrait of a Young Man; The Mother of God with the Child; and a 14th century Madonna with Child triptych.
Czartoryski Museum Ticket Prices
- Reduced: 11 PLN
- Family: 29 PLN
- Groups of 15+: 12 PLN
- Reduced groups: 8 PLN
Czartoryski Museum Hours
- The museum is closed for renovations indefinitely.
How To reach Czartoryski Museum by Public Transport
- By Bus: 124, 152, 154, 424, 502
- By Tram: 2, 3, 4, 7, 10, 14, 19, 20, 24, 52
- By car or take a taxi from outside Old Town
- Walk or cycle to here from inside old Town.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Krakow before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Krakow and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Czartoryski Museum
1.15% of people who visit Krakow include Czartoryski Museum in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
63.33% of people start their Czartoryski Museum visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Czartoryski Museum
60.71% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Czartoryski Museum
Czartoryski Museum Trips
Czartoryski Museum, Krakow Reviews
i am really not happy I made a long travel to see this museum. it is close for renovation and on Google it is open I live in a house I France where the Czartorisky previously live It was very interesting for to see the correlation .
Lovely museum that saved me from the endless queue at the Main Art Museum where the Dame with the Ermine was collocated. The museum is currently under restoration but it's really worth a visit for its eclectic collection of different items: from canvases to treasure chests, armours and religious objects.
One of the best in cracow
This is a biased review :)
closed due to renovation