Dragons Den, Krakow
About Dragons Den, Krakow
Dragons Den, Krakow - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Zamek Wawel 8, 33-332 Kraków, Poland
Ticket Price: 3 PLN
Time Required: 00:30 Mins
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 9 times in trip plans
Cave, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The myth of the fire breathing Dragon of Wawel Hill has played a massive role in the cultural identity of Krakow and Poland. And this was the cave in which legend says the dragon slept. The route through this attractions one way - enter from the Castle at the foot of the Thieves tower, down a staircase well. It will lead you to a 271 meter long cave, of which 81 meters is open to the public. The three chambers of the caves have been picturesquely and atmospherically lit, and each has a history. Exit on the banks of the Vistula River. And this actually leads you conveniently to the final treat of this tour - a sculpture of the Wavel Dragon itself, made by Bronislaw Chromy in 1972.
Dragons Den Information
- This attraction is not accessible by the handicapped.
Dragons Den Opening and Closing Hours
- Last entry 15 minutes before closing time.
How To reach Dragons Den by Public Transport
- Drive to here from outside Krakow Old Town.
- Walk or cycle to here if you’re inside Krakow Old Town.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Krakow before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Krakow and book an accommodation of your choice.
Dragons Den, Krakow Reviews - Write a Review
Perfect hide away on hot days. 😆 We had a lot of fun exploring this dragons lair. There's not much to it, but it's also a cheap attraction. Worth checking out.
The line was very long and the main attraction wasnt anything special.It isnt bad to see but if the line is very long it isnt worth it, however the tickets are very cheap.
Smallish cave to explore down a lot of stairs, but a fun way to exit the castle for very little money.
Great place to make family photo! Scary of course ;)
Who doesn't want to explore the cave? I mean, it is the home to the famous Wawel Dragon! Plenty of fun to be had and you don't have to bring flashlights.
- Nearby Attractions
- Pharmacy Museum
- Ogrod Botaniczny Uniwersytetu Jagiellonskiego
- Opactwo Benedyktynow W Tyncu
- Pomnik Grunwaldzki
- Kosciol Sw. Bernardyna Ze Sieny
- Kosciol Swietego Wojciecha
- Museum Kata Kacianora
- Park Wodny
- Royal Chamber Orchestra
- Muzeum Inzynierii Miejskiej W Krakowie
- Krakow Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Krakow
- What to See in 48 Hours in Krakow
- What to See in 72 Hours in Krakow
- How to Spend 5 Days in Krakow
- How to Spend 6 Days in Krakow
- How to Spend 7 Days in Krakow