House Of Jan Matejko, Krakow
About House Of Jan Matejko, Krakow
House Of Jan Matejko, Krakow - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Floriańska 41, 30-001 Kraków, Poland
Ticket Price: 9 PLN
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 1 times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Poland’s finest painter, Jan Matejko, lived in this house. Matejko has captured some of the country’s most iconic and significant moments in his paintings. Today, the house museum is a fascinating and delightful look into the mind of this mysterious man. It contains not only his art, but also his collection of furniture, interior decorations, personal artefacts, antique guns, and textiles. In addition to the permanent exhibits, the museum also organises special exhibitions and events. The staff is very charming. The house is small, so you visit should be quick, though it’s not unusual for people to want to take their times and pore over the details.
House Of Jan Matejko Information
- Not disabled accessible.
- Flash free photography ony. No Tripods.
House Of Jan Matejko Ticket Prices
- Under 7 – free
- Youth under 16, students under 26 - 1 PLN
- Reduced Ticket - 5 PLN
- Family - 19 PLN
- Free admission to permanent exhibits on Sundays.
- Audio guide (Polish, English, Russian, German, French): 7 PLN
How To reach House Of Jan Matejko by Public Transport
- By Car from outside Old Town
- Walk or cycle to here from inside Old Town
- By Bus: 124, 152, 424, 502
- By Tram: 2, 3, 4, 7, 10, 14, 19, 20, 24, 52
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Krakow before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Krakow and book an accommodation of your choice.
House Of Jan Matejko, Krakow Reviews - Write a Review
Great piece of Krakow, one of her finest artists and a good man. The tour of his house and art takes about one hour. I highly recommend.
Wasn't very special. I went because I had free time. It's free on sundays
Great painter and man from Cracow. Born, live and died in Cracow
Very bad experience
- Nearby Attractions
- Europeum Center
- St Mark's Church
- Church Of St Martin
- Museum Of The Living Butterfly
- Strzelecki Park
- Profesorski Garden
- Museum Of Communist Poland
- National Old Theatre
- Mnk Pawilon Jozefa Czapskiego
- Monument To Piotr Skarga
- Krakow Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Krakow
- What to See in 48 Hours in Krakow
- What to See in 72 Hours in Krakow
- How to Spend 5 Days in Krakow
- How to Spend 6 Days in Krakow
- How to Spend 7 Days in Krakow