How to Reach Krakow
HOW TO GET TO KRAKOW
- By air: John Paul II international Airport connects Krakow to all major domestic and European cities. The airport is situated 12kms from the city centre and you can choose from options like the airport shuttle from the city centre, regular transport buses, hired taxis, or the direct railway line from the main train station to the airport.
- By Train: Dworzec Glowny PKP Station connects all major Polish cities with Krakow. Overnight trains from Prague, Vienna and Budapest arrive every day in Krakow.
- By Bus: Eurolines provides bus services to Krakow to Euorpean cities In Italy and France. Ecolines is the bus service operating between Russia and the Baltic States. You can get here from Warsaw by the Polski Bus.
- By Road: You can drive down the A4 from Germany to reach Krakow.
HOW TO GET AROUND KRAKOW
- By foot: Krakow is a relatively small city and can easily be covered on foot. Be sure to have a map with you.
- By public transport: Trams and bus lines connect the different parts of Krakow to each other. Purchase tickets before boarding the carriage.
- By taxi: Most taxis have their fares printed on the passenger doors.
- By car: Rented cars are less expensive than taxis. Make sure to check out your destination and the required fare beforehand to avoid surcharge.
- By bicycle: you can rent a municipal bike or a bicycle from the several spots across town and zoom about the bike lanes of Krakow.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Krakow. The most preferred mode of transport in Krakow is Car.
Average distance: 8.23 km Average time: 30.69 min
Car 26.09%Driving 26.94 min Walking 2.78 min Overall average time for 10.36 kms 29.72 min
Bus/Trolleybus 17.39%Bus 26.08 min Walking 7.5 min Waiting 4.33 min Other 1.25 min Overall average time for 9.38 kms 39.17 min
Bike 10.14%Bike 22.14 min Walking 0.71 min Overall average time for 6.86 kms 22.86 min
Walking 20.29%Walking 16.86 min Bus 2.57 min Waiting 1.86 min Tram 1.79 min Train 1.21 min Bike 0.71 min Overall average time for 4.19 kms 25 min
Tram/Streetcar 14.49%Tram 21.6 min Walking 5.2 min Waiting 4.4 min Bus 2 min Overall average time for 7.02 kms 33.2 min
Train/Metro 5.8%Train 21 min Walking 6.75 min Waiting 5.5 min Tram 2.5 min Bus 1.25 min Overall average time for 14.75 kms 37 min