Kopiec Kosciuszki, Krakow
About Kopiec Kosciuszki, Krakow
Kopiec Kosciuszki, Krakow - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Bielańsko-Tyniecki Landscape Park, al. Waszyngtona 1, 30-204 Kraków, Poland
Ticket Price: 12 PLN
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 367 times in trip plans
Monument, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
A timulus is an artificial earthen mound raised over graves, usually constructed to mark an important site. In this case, it commemorates the Polish national leader
Tadeusz Kosciuszko, who fought against Russia, and for the American Revolutionary War. He also let the 1994 Kosciuszko Uprising. As such the amount represents an independent Poland!
Completed in 1820, this is one of the city's four such mounds. It is 34 meters high. There are various highlights. The Founding Act is at the base of the mound. There’s a boulder from the Tatra Mountains at the top. Soil from the various battlefields in which the hero fought are buried in urns inside the mound. In addition to the history of the place, people also come for the lovely view from the top of the mound, with vistas over the city and the surrounding landscape.
The exhibits at the museum at the mound cover the hero himself, his life and struggles, the Fortress and the role it played in Krakow history, and also an exhibit on Poland’s struggles for independents.
Kopiec Kosciuszki Information
- Payment is by cash only.
Kopiec Kosciuszki Ticket Prices
- Schoolchildren, students, retired: 10 PLN
- Family: 40 PLN for 4; 60 PLN for 6
- Even though the galleries are closed on late night openings, the ticket prices remain the same.
- Free admission: 4th February, 24th March, 15th October
Kopiec Kosciuszki Opening and Closing Hours
The opening hours of the exhibitions and the mound are different.
Exhibition entrance hours:
- 23rd October to 15th January 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- 16th January to February 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- March, 1st of October to 22nd of October 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- April and September 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- May to August 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
How To reach Kopiec Kosciuszki by Public Transport
- Drive to here or take a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Krakow before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Krakow and book an accommodation of your choice.
Kopiec Kosciuszki, Krakow Reviews - Write a Review
Great place to visit, monument to the Polish history. Good view to the city on the top of the hill. Nice building.
An interesting place historically. Make sure you go when the weather is good if you want the great views of Krakow.
Cute and nice view. Worth 4$ canadian but not much more than that.
Hill built by Polish people around 1823, to honor a hero for their independence. The hill also contains soil from the USA in honor of their 150th independence day in 1926.
Great panoramic views from the top, nice tree-lined downhill pathway back for a team into the city if you feel energetic ... about a mile of easy strolling.
- Nearby Attractions
- Red Brick Apartments
- Square Of Ghettos Heroes
- Miodowa 8
- Da Pietro Restauracja Włoska Kraków
- Hotel Pugetów
- Milkbar Tomasza
- Juliusz Slowacki Theatre
- Ulica Florianska
- Krakow Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Krakow
- What to See in 48 Hours in Krakow
- What to See in 72 Hours in Krakow
- How to Spend 5 Days in Krakow
- How to Spend 6 Days in Krakow
- How to Spend 7 Days in Krakow