Krakow Old Town, Krakow
About Krakow Old Town, Krakow
Krakow Old Town, Krakow - Address
Address: Krakow Old Town, Krakow, Poland
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 24.2K times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Church, Museum, Palace, Leisure, Square, Family And Kids, Architecture , Old Town
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The city of Krakow is a metropolis with over a million residents today. During medieval times Krakow was the capital of Poland, a burgeoning economy and a strong state, with befitting architecture; a walled city, 46 towers on the wall guarding it and only seven main entrances. The medieval town it protected was and still is one of the most beautiful locales in the world. It was made, in its entirety, a UNESCO World Heritage site on their very first list. Covering a rather large area, with plenty of squares, churches, palaces, museums, parks, monasteries and other buildings of importance it is a must visit. The old town was one of the most important places in all of Poland, it was used for gatherings, ceremonies, coronations, weddings, funerals and many other historical events and buildings stand here testament to that fact.
While the Krakow Old Town is free to explore, to get the true essence of the place, make sure to buy tickets for Krakow Old Town. Tickets for Krakow Old Town can be bought in advance from the tours section and a detailed info on the Krakow Old Town ticket prices is also available for you to check. Utilize the Krakow Old Town tickets to soak in as much as you want from the medieval town.
Krakow Old Town Information
- Stroll around the area, it contains many attractions that deserve time for viewing. Don’t hesitate to spend a day here, or even two.
- Reservations, hotel or dinner, are difficult to come by. The area receives hundreds of thousands of visitors a year.
- The tourist influx means that the area is sometimes crowded.
- An open area, so dress with the possibility of a chilly breeze in mind.
- Some of the places can be quite expensive, as they are geared towards tourists.
- Try to get a hotel booking in or near the old town so you can spend your down time there. Budget lodgings are also available here.
- Visit before noon and wander the area, stop for lunch at the many good restaurants here. The evenings are just as good, sit at the cafes with a book or watch the people passing by. Soak in the street life and the culture.
- Eateries dot the area, from inexpensive to highly expensive joints.
How To reach Krakow Old Town by Public Transport
- The buses numbered 124, 152, 304, 424, 502 and the trams numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20, 24 and 52 can be taken here.
- The stop is the Main Market Square.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Krakow before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Krakow and book an accommodation of your choice.
Krakow Old Town, Krakow Reviews - Write a Review
Nice Apartments scattered around etc Old City, we had a lovely stay :)
- Nearby Attractions
- Plac Nowy
- Church Of The Holy Cross
- Wieliczka Salt Mine
- Bosak Building
- Jewish District
- Cloth Hall
- Krzysztofory Palace
- Collegium Maius
- Palace Of Fine Arts
- Rakowicki Cemetery
- Krakow Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Krakow
- What to See in 48 Hours in Krakow
- What to See in 72 Hours in Krakow
- How to Spend 5 Days in Krakow
- How to Spend 6 Days in Krakow
- How to Spend 7 Days in Krakow