Muzeum Etnograficzne W KrakowieCurrently Closed
- Address: plac Wolnica 1, 31-060 Kraków, Poland, Krakow
- Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +48-124306023
- Ticket Price: 13 PLN
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Exhibition
Muzeum Etnograficzne W Krakowie - Review
Seweryn Udziela, a folklorist and a teacher, founded this museum in 1911 inside the Old Town Hall. It’s not very well known, but practically every visitor who discovers the museum is delighted. Charming, quirky and lovingly detailed, the museum recreates Polish rural life as it used to be in the 19th century. The interior decor of peasant homes, traditional dresses, exhibits on folk rituals, and a substantial collection of Polish folk art are beautifully presented. Altogether there are 80,000 items on display, including some artefacts from Slavic countries. There is also a comprehensive collection of photographs and books.
On the East Wall of the Town Hall you’ll find a relief sculpted by Henryk Hochman depicting the admission of Jews into Poland in the mid-19th century. Temporary exhibitions are held in the adjoining "Esterka" tenement house, named after a purported Jewish mistress of King Casimir the Great. Check the museum calendar for details.
Muzeum Etnograficzne W Krakowie Information
- Groups can have up to 25 people
- Guided tours can be booked one week in advance.
Muzeum Etnograficzne W Krakowie Ticket Prices
- Regular ticket – 13 PLN
- Discounted ticket – 7 PLN
- Sundays – free
Temporary exhibitions may charge their own prices in addition to entrance fee
- Guided tour
- Polish: 70 PLN
- English, French, Spanish, or Italian: 85 PLN
- This is not inclusive of admission
Muzeum Etnograficzne W Krakowie Hours
- Specific holidays may have their own, different opening hours. Confirm before your planned visit.
How To reach Muzeum Etnograficzne W Krakowie by Public Transport
- Drive to here from outside Krakow Old Town.
- Walk or cycle to here if you’re inside Krakow Old Town.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Krakow before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Krakow and book an accommodation of your choice.