Muzeum Historyczne Miasta Krakowa, Krakow
About Muzeum Historyczne Miasta Krakowa, Krakow
Muzeum Historyczne Miasta Krakowa, Krakow - Address, Phone Number
Address: Rynek Główny 1, 31-001 Kraków, Poland
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 283 times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids, Exhibition
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Even being the city's most important administrative building could not save the old 14th Century Town Hall from being destroyed by various causes over and over. As a result, only this stone and brick tower remains. It rises 70 meters above the main Market Square. It is famous for actually leaning a little, and some say it was caused by really powerful storm in 1703. As far as the exhibits, this place is not nearly as narratively or collectively comprehensive as other branches of the Krakow History Museum. There are some medieval era clothes, some photographs, and an exhibit about the tower clock. The highest balcony is closed, so if you were expecting to get great views, you might be disappointed. In fact, most people tend to come away from this tower feeling a little underwhelmed.
Muzeum Historyczne Miasta Krakowa Ticket Prices
- Concessionary 7 PLN
- Group 6 PLN
- Group (concessionary) 5 PLN
- Family 18 PLN
- Guide in English 85 PLN per group + tickets
- Audioguide - 5 PLN
- Free on Mondays
Muzeum Historyczne Miasta Krakowa Opening and Closing Hours
- These opening hours are subject to changes. Check museum website.
- Last admissions 30 minutes before closing time.
- Closed on the first Tuesday of every month.
How To reach Muzeum Historyczne Miasta Krakowa by Public Transport
- Drive or take a taxi to Old Town.
- Walk or cycle to here from inside Old Town.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Krakow before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Krakow and book an accommodation of your choice.
Muzeum Historyczne Miasta Krakowa, Krakow Reviews - Write a Review
Great place to roam around even when you have nothing to do. Good food and drinks at reasonable price on beautiful street cafes and restaurant. At the centre you can buy souvenirs but at a little higher price than other places. In the evening you will find many street performers, Music, dance, acrobatics etc.
A little difficult to find but well worth it. There are interactive screens all over to educate you about what you're looking at. I found the nuts and bolts of how trading was conducted and how blacksmiths plied their trade the most fascinating parts.
We were disappointed that you can't actually get out at the top. There is no balcony or viewing platform, so you are just forced to look out of their small windows.
Worth a visit for the elevated views alone. The whole Rynek is seen from above and also the St Mary church.
Lovely views if you don't mind narrow and steep staircases.
- Nearby Attractions
- Krakow National Museum
- Sanktuarium Swietego Jana Pawla II
- St. Florian's Church
- Lord's Transfiguration Church
- Ice Krakow Congress Centre
- Glass And Ceramics Centre
- Jagiellonian University - Collegium Juridicum
- Las Wolski
- Jozef Mehoffer House Krakow National Museum
- Przegorzaly Castle
- Krakow Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Krakow
- What to See in 48 Hours in Krakow
- What to See in 72 Hours in Krakow
- How to Spend 5 Days in Krakow
- How to Spend 6 Days in Krakow
- How to Spend 7 Days in Krakow