Tadeusz Pankiewicz, a Polish Roman Catholic pharmacist, used to operate out of this pharmacy during the Nazi occupation of Poland. He became known as one of the Righteous Among The Nations by Yad Vashem for his role in rescuing innumerable Jews during the Holocaust. His establishment has now been turned into a multi-media museum. The building looks exactly as it did during the time of Nazi occupation. It explores life in the ghetto, the various methods by which people survived, and the post-war history of Jews in Krakow. The museum also explores the activities of the pharmacist himself, especially his account of the Holocaust as he saw it. It's an interactive museum and you can actually handle the artifacts and photographs related to those times. Even though it's a small museum people usually end up staying for more than one hour.
Muzeum Historycznego Miasta Krakowa Travel Tips
- Groups are of 10-25 people.
- Guided tours last 60 minutes.
- If your group is late for the guided tour you may be charged an extra 100 PLN.
- Tripods and Flash photography are not allowed at the permanent exhibition.
- Read the extensive list of guidelines on the Krakow Historical Museum website.
Entrance Ticket Details For Muzeum Historycznego Miasta Krakowa
- Concessionary 8 PLN
- Group, schools 7 PLN
- Family 20 PLN
- Guide in English: 85 PLN per group + ticket
- Free admission on Monday.
Muzeum Historycznego Miasta Krakowa Hours
- Close down every second Tuesday of the month.
How to Reach Muzeum Historycznego Miasta Krakowa
- Walk or cycle to here.
- Drive or take a taxi to here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Krakow before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Krakow and book an accommodation of your choice.
8.07% of people who visit Krakow include Muzeum Historycznego Miasta Krakowa in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
46.67% of people start their Muzeum Historycznego Miasta Krakowa visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Muzeum Historycznego Miasta Krakowa
79.7% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Muzeum Historycznego Miasta Krakowa