Oskar Schindlers FactoryCurrently Closed
- Address: Oscar Schindler’s Factory, 4 Lipowa Street, Krakow, Poland
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +48-122571017
- Ticket Price: 19 PLN
- Tags: Art And Culture, Museum, Educational Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Specialty Museum
Oskar Schindlers Factory - Review
This is Emalia, immortalised in Steven Spielberg’s movie Schindler’s List, the enamel vessels factory where Oskar Schindler first began employing Jews as they were an inexpensive labour force. Schindler would go on to save over a thousand Jews from the concentration camps by first employing them here and then later building a munitions factory in his hometown. It was during his stay in Krakow that Schindler began to repent and started to save as many Jewish people as he could. The story of the Schindlerjuden is one of the few hopeful stories of the Holocaust which claimed the lives of over 6 million Jews. It is important because it represents the few moments of humanity during such a dark time. The museum housed in the factory today offers a glimpse into the life of occupied Poland and the Jews living there along with a history of Schindler and the Jews he saved. Schindler’s office has been preserved carefully over the years and inside his desk lies a copy of the famed list.
Oskar Schindlers Factory Ticket Prices
- Adult : 19 Zloty
- Children and seniors : 16 Zloty
- Family : 50 Zloty (2 adults and 2 children up to 16, or 1 adult and 3 children up to 16)
- Guide : 130 Zloty
Oskar Schindlers Factory Hours
- April to October , first Monday of the month 10am to 2 pm.
How To reach Oskar Schindlers Factory by Public Transport
- Trams are available from the city centre. Numbers 13, 3 , 24 and 9 will stop at Plac Getta, from where the museum is a short walk.
Restaurants Near Oskar Schindlers Factory
- Bal Na ZabA‚ociu (European/Continental, moderately expensive, casual)
- Sweet Surrender (American, cafe and desserts, inexpensive, casual)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Krakow before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Krakow and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Oskar Schindlers Factory
79.67% of people who visit Krakow include Oskar Schindlers Factory in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
75.51% of people start their Oskar Schindlers Factory visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Oskar Schindlers Factory
84.62% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Oskar Schindlers Factory
Oskar Schindlers Factory Trips
5 Views34 Days 33 Nights32 Day Trip to Poland, Slovakia, Romania, Finland, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Serbia, Hungary, Greece, Latvia, Estonia, Belarus from VolosBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Volos, Thessaloniki, Sofia, Burgas, Bucharest, Belgrade, Budapest, Bratislava, Krakow, Warsaw, Brest, Vilnius, Riga, Kolka, Saaremaa, Tallinn, Helsinki
6 Views16 Days 15 Nights16 Day Trip to Warsaw, Krakow, Zakopane, Gdansk from MinneapolisBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Krakow, Warsaw, Gdansk, Zakopane