Plaszow Concentration Camp, Krakow
About Plaszow Concentration Camp, Krakow
Plaszow Concentration Camp, Krakow - Address
Address: Kamieńskiego, 30-001 Kraków, Poland
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 49 times in trip plans
Family And Kids, Prison
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Established in 1940, for five years Plaszow camp was part of the Nazi death machine. The prisoners at this camp may not have died in the same way as those in Auschwitz or Majdanek, but it was still among the most horrific places on Earth during WWII. Killings, beatings, disease, starvation, torture, slavery - these horrors and more took place here. It was the camp most prominently featured in the Steven Spielberg movie Shcindler’s List. The entire camp now serves as a memorial, with one major monument and two smaller ones. You’ll also see Amon Goth’s villa. The place is now treated as a nature preserve.
How To reach Plaszow Concentration Camp by Public Transport
- Buses 103, 144, 164, 173, and 179 stop Bonarka at Kamienskiego street.
- Trams numbers 3, 6, 13, 24, 29, and 50; Bus 502 stop Dworcowa at Wielicka street.
- Drive to here or take a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Krakow before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Krakow and book an accommodation of your choice.
Plaszow Concentration Camp, Krakow Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Józefa 17
- Krupnicza 6
- Sławkowska 13
- Marii Konopnickiej 11
- Barbakan. Oddział Muzeum Historycznego Miasta Krakowa
- Ludwika Solskiego 13
- Szara Kazimierz
- Fresh Apartments
- Krakow Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Krakow
- What to See in 48 Hours in Krakow
- What to See in 72 Hours in Krakow
- How to Spend 5 Days in Krakow
- How to Spend 6 Days in Krakow
- How to Spend 7 Days in Krakow